BHK Arrives!

Bascom was sent BHK amplifier One. As soon as he receives it, he’ll let us know how the production team did. When you get yours, please use this space to let folks know your experience.

Mine ostensibly was in the hands of FedEx in Henderson on Thursday eventing but has shown no sign of any movement since then. Let’s hope no one intercepted it.

:|

–SSW

Mine’s on the FedEx truck OUT FOR DELIVERY!!!happy-132_gif2guns_gif41_gif77_gif

And?

It’s been 13 minutes.

And I’ve looked down the street like 10 times!!!pulling-hair_gifpulling-hair_gifpulling-hair_gif

I am not surprised.

On a more serious note, be very careful with installing the unit. It is seriously heavy and it would be easy to hurt yourself.

And on a wholly unrelated note, I like Glocks, too, and have my own range.

Sweet!

A related question for Paul - at the recent AXPONA the room with Emerald Physics speakers (Underwood Wally, I believe) claimed to be running the speakers tri-amped with a BHK amp running the mids. If the production amps just started shipping now, what was the amp that they had? I’m guessing it must have been a prototype, since I noticed the front panel did not have any printing on it with the name of the amp as shown in the current pictures of the amp on your site. Thanks in advance!

Looking forward to hearing all of the early adopter’s comments, especially from woot since his Edge NL amp is quite exceptional. TIA to everyone contributing for your valuable comments and taking the time to share your trail blazing experience with all of us!

“since his Edge NL amp is quite exceptional”

It really is! I can’t wait to see if the BHK sinks or sails in comparison! C’mon FedEx! It’s almost 7!!!pulling-hair_gif

OTOH, Von Schweikerts is an easy load…

Looks like it’ll be Monday b4 the BHK arrives…

Hey woot - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if the amp was shipped via FedEx Home Delivery service they make deliveries on Saturday but not on Sundays or Mondays. So if their Home Delivery service was used and it doesn’t make it today, you may be waiting until Tuesday for their next delivery. I’d suggest that you call FedEx to verify this, but I’d hate to see you take the day off on Monday for nothing. Hang in there, I’m sure that it will be worth the wait! It may still show up tonight, I received a FedEx delivery a week ago at about 8:30 PM.

I thought FedEx delivered to US residences every day except Sunday?

audio.bill said Hey woot - I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if the amp was shipped via FedEx Home Delivery service they make deliveries on Saturday but not on Sundays or Mondays. So if their Home Delivery service was used and it doesn't make it today, you may be waiting until Tuesday for their next delivery.
It may not be FedEx home delivery. The amp is too heavy if the quote from the FedEx website is accurate.

“FedEx Home Delivery is your choice for shipping packages up to 70 lbs. for delivery within 1 to 5 business days. We even deliver on Saturdays at no extra charge.”

Mine was in Belmont Ohio at 10:15 am (26 hours from Boulder) this morning. No further report. 1/3 of trip left to Richmond Va.

audio.bill said A related question for Paul - at the recent AXPONA the room with Emerald Physics speakers (Underwood Wally, I believe) claimed to be running the speakers tri-amped with a BHK amp running the mids. If the production amps just started shipping now, what was the amp that they had? I'm guessing it must have been a prototype, since I noticed the front panel did not have any printing on it with the name of the amp as shown in the current pictures of the amp on your site. Thanks in advance!
It was one of the first prototypes, hand built.

They were all shipped via FedEx ground so Ted’s correct. Nothing on Saturday.

We shipped a production amp to our distributor in Germany so it can break in before the upcoming show in Munich. I just got this note back from him.

“the BKS is such a fantastic power amp. I cannot believe what I’m hearing. I’m so happy and say: congratulations !”

clapping_gif I suppose I’ll have to let him know how to spell it…

An honest and likely easy mistake to make given the language barrier. I mean we have even referred to it identically when you consider the tag line at this forum; “The new (BHK) Bascom King Signature” (BKS) power amp… Translation tools are not an exact science beer_gif