BHKPre not working with 6DJ8’s?

The Matsushita’s are a great sounding tube in the amps but I found them to be a no go in the preamp also but to me it was hiss level. No popping or clicking when running full balanced but SE is another story.

The Matsushita 7dj8’s were absolutely silent and sounded great in my BHK preamp. Go figure.

The Matsushita 7dj8’s are a hidden gem! Was my #1 tube in my Sony HapZ-1es. Very nice in my BHK… silent in both!

Rolled Matsushita’s in the BHK pre with no noise issues…dead silent. Racked up 258 hours before changing them out. Very detailed and solid bass. I ordered a second set, just because. Currently rolling through NOS RT, Mullard, and RCA 12AU7’s.

…edited hours, 131 was incorrect and for the RT’s.

I am fully balanced, running the Matsushita’s in the BHK pre. Volume pops in one channel with this set, but no hiss or pulsing, which I did experience with the previous set of same.

Are there any really outstanding 12v tubes for the BHK?

I’m pretty sure I’ve found one in the list above. It’s pricey, but not un-obtanium, and I’m contemplating picking up 2 more sets for my stash. Have a few more weeks of rolling before I decide to commit. Will reveal details of my pick after I’ve secured backups.

Should also add I’m fully balanced, too.

For 12AU7’s there are still vendors with quality matched pairs of NOS tubes if that is what you want or a safe and reasonably good sounding current tube are the Gold Lions. There is a vendor on Ebay myself and others have both from that has some good NOS tubes but you need to buy the Platinum Plus pairs for the BHK. Doesn’t require spending the money asked for Telefunkens either. For a B&M dealer call Andy at Vintage Tube Services on the phone as he doesn’t like to do business via e-mail.

Here’s a link for the Ebay seller

https://www.ebay.com/sch/spin4cards/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

This is a good sounding tube in the BHK