Calling all HANA cartridge fans!

Have played with the Hana M series over the past 6 months or so. Was very impressed with the potential I heard and Hana has wound up on my radar screen. Didn’t keep it because I wanted the last bit of sophistication it didn’t quite offer. But the brand has been building its lineup fast and for those of you, like me, who have liked what you’ve heard I have a mouth watering temptation that just popped up on the Musical Surroundings product page:

The Umami Red MC. 0.4 mV.

Won’t be cheap. But Hana is obviously targeting those of us who might just be willing to stretch a bit, perhaps throw in a trade, to get our mitts on one. Watching this one closely.

5 Likes

Very happy with my SL - a nice step up from my denon 103R in terms of resolution.

That is correct! $3950!

Looks very nice - both the specs and the aesthetics. I like the tapped mounting holes, generates a very clean and neat look. Seems to be still too early to find listening impressions. This is certainly on my radar now, the birthday is coming up…

Post #7 is a comparison of the specs to the specs of a $21k Etsuro Urushi Gold. Fairly promising.

Anybody got any hearing impressions yet? I was told great things about this but they were from my dealer and sounded a bit clisheish so I suspect they were not from an auditioning but from marketing literature.

I have a magnetic bearing, new tonearm and a new tonearm cable on the way and the next upgrade will be the cartridge. Now… where did I put that piggybank and the hammer?