Denafrips Pontus2

I outsourced vinyl cleaning to PVF. Problem solved.

1 Like

That made me laugh out loud…

Oh yeah, that’s LOL for you hipsters.

1 Like

I always appreciated how the DSD Sr. and Jr. are so pleasing to listen to. My newest Jr sounds amazing in my big rig.

The Grimm MU1 is pure magic. And endgame piece if there ever was one.

My gear comes from Denmark, South Africa, and Japan. In a while Germany gets added to the list. All my cables come from the USA though.

2 Likes

I owe it to myself to hear a Grimm MU1, possibly after Axpona when things settle down around these parts.

3 Likes

Have you tried the TT2 as preamp? I’m thinking of getting one to run directly into my M700s
Mick

No, I haven’t. Honestly I don’t know why, I just haven’t. I run it through a Hegel P30.

If you go to George’s to listen leave your CC’s at home or you might have a loaded trunk when you leave.
I got my DHL shipping notice from Jays and the CDT3 should land on Monday the 25th if no Customs delays. Still got some time to go before the Spring 3 KTE so it will start out via AES to the Aqua.

2 Likes

Well if you get the motivation and the chance…

1 Like

If I can, I will try tomorrow. It’s not terribly difficult. It’s going to sound great. I can’t imagine why it wouldn’t.

1 Like

If you are old enough, LOL means Little Old Lady. As in “from Pasadena”. :joy:

1 Like

Welceom, @jerry.hendel !

That’s awesome. I am old enough to know the phrase, but never heard/read anyone use an acronym for it. Now we’d get in trouble for saying “old”. Perhaps it’s Little Twilight Lady (LTL)?

BTW - Welcome to the Forum. It’s wild in here!

delicately framed woman in her golden years?

2 Likes

We’re called ‘seniors’ these days so it would be LSL :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@jerry.hendel , that’s good, if we get called out, just blame Brian Wilson… :+1:

Sorry, it was Jan&Dean… lol

1 Like

Nice recovery!

1 Like

I think this is very true, and can only think that it plays a major part in peoples’ fondness for the Pontus, particularly in comparison to the PS DACs. Synergy plays a larger part in the DAC equation than I had imagined.

If it was the best DAC you’ve ever owned, then I totally get it. I do think it is a great value.

However, when I read of people losing their minds over the Pontus and selling a PS, I often have to wonder how or if any direct comparison was done prior to the sale. As opposed to the usual selling of one and then putting the proceeds toward getting another.

In my case, I listened to it for two weeks, and heard lots of the things people were going on about. It was surprising and different. My friends were saying, “So, should I buy one?” and I kept saying that I wasn’t sure, as I’d not gone back to the PS DAC. When I did (in this case a Jr.) it was clearly better for me, in my system. YMMV.

1 Like