DirectStream DAC MKII Beta Tester Reviews

I have. A world of difference. Way better.

2 Likes

If you are replying to my response to James, A, your probably not a beta tester or B, you did not return yours back for testing like i have. Your comment is not justified.

You’re a broken record in my opinion.

If others agree with me hopefully they’ll do a like!

Maybe you could just PM James or Paul every day, in fact why not do it every hour?!

EDIT, yes that was meant to be in reply to msladino22

Please respect other members……

3 Likes

Thanks for the laugh’s this morning.

1 Like

Thank you

2 Likes

You’re very welcome, and I look forward to your next input. You’ve managed 55 messages in this topic, you’ll get yourself a gold star soon.

Best, Dan.

What type of streamer did you use?

Please guys.

My two cents is that I would say that these forums are being read constantly by us, who cannot do anything about it - but are not being constantly combed over by PS, who are hopefully too busy at work solving the issues or simply doing their jobs. They will certainly let us know when they feel sure about releasing a fix. Asking them to guess about it has traditionally resulted in disappointment, as the guessed-at time passes.

Email to paul@psaudio.com would be more effective in getting a response. If he tells you something he hasn’t posted here, please let us know.

13 Likes

Exactly

My understanding is that the Bridge plays through I2s and therefore is not electronically noisy. I only use it when playing MQA Tidal music. I use the Matrix X-SPDIF 2 through I2s for everything else. I play 256 DSD recordings without any problems. I will try the AirLens when it is available but I believe it will not be a substantial improvement over my present setup.

Sonore Signature SE. I added the Matrix DDC so I could use the I2S input. Somewhere here I think @vkennedy61 listed a bunch of nice options that are pretty cheap. I am waiting for Airlens and if its as good or better than what I have will be selling. Simplify someplace would be nice.

2 Likes

Please be kind to each other.

Thanks!

11 Likes

Thank you for acknowledging Elk

2 Likes

Many of us have done this and have heard the difference. Some of us have gone so far as to not only remove the BII, but to also power the analog side of the MKI with an external power supply and make modifications to some of the circuitry. The latest mod is shorting out unused inputs such as USB and I²S.

There’s a topic here on the forum where we’ve collectively been sharing tweaks to the MKI. It’s rather long now. There are at least a dozen different proven member tested updates.

There’s also this if you want to read a shorter topic about streamers:

Come on in, the water is warm!

Have fun!

2 Likes

I just heard from Ted and Barry and they think it is related to the spontaneous mute a number of other users are running into. As much as I hate to say it, they both think it’d be very helpful to bring back to the shop for testing and to see if it is remedied by the fix they are in the middle of. I’m going to send you an email with the documents to have it sent back.

3 Likes

Al, did I read somewhere that the Bridge II should be removed from the DAC Sr. if its not being used? I stream with my Aurender server. Thanks,

Yes, many on this forum mentioned the sound is much better when they removed the unused Bridge II from the DAC.

Thanks, I will have to give that a try. When the day comes that I depart with my DAC Sr., I’m thinking it might be more saleable with the Bridge II so I plan to put it away and save it until then.

3 Likes

Thanks for getting back. I will get it shipped back as soon as possible. I hate to part with it, but it sounds like this problem is a real head scratcher, so whatever helps everyone get things resolved. It doesn’t take long getting addicted to the MKII, so I hope my withdrawals aren’t too intense.

4 Likes