Directstream DAC with Raven Osprey Integrated Tube Amplifier

I am thinking about pairing the Directstream DAC with the Raven so I am wondering if anyone has any experience with these two. Also, I know the Direcstream can be used as a preamp but does it matters if it can be used with an integrated tube amp? The M1200 look great however that is out of my budget and I see nothing but great reviews on Raven amps. Thanks folks!

1 Like

I don’t have any experience with this pairing, but running the DSD directly to it won’t be a problem at all. You could play around with the volume leveling as some folks prefer it at around 89 with the latest Windom FW, but keeping it at volume 100/line level won’t be a problem at all.

I would have ZERO worries about matching a DAC with an integrated tube amp. The “focus” in this case would be matching the integrated amp and your speakers.

2 Likes

Thank you for the information and this helps a lot to put my mind at ease regarding an amp.

1 Like

Yep, that is something else I need are speakers. I am wanting to put a new system together and starting from scratch. Gave my old one to my son, those components I put together in the 70’s. You should have seen the look on his face when I showed him what a turntable and cassette deck are. Unbelievable.

2 Likes

I’m running my DSSr. into a BAT VK50-SE which then feeds a Jolida Fusion 3502P Amplifier. The Preamp is set to “100” which is not full scale. I vary volume with the DSSr. anywhere from “50” to “95”. I have the remote for the BAT but am too lazy to set it up plus it would add a 5th remote on top of my coffee table :smiley:

Guilty, guilty, guilty! :sweat_smile

1 Like