DirectStream Transport

I have a question about mixing the original DirectStream with the DirectStream Jr and the new Transport for multichannel audio.

Are the output levels of the DS and DS Jr matched?

I have the original DS and am tempted to get 2 more Jrs with the Transport for a multichannel system. I like that there is a volume control for the Jrs so I could theoretically get them hooked up directly to power amplifiers.

DoggieHowser said I have a question about mixing the original DirectStream with the DirectStream Jr and the new Transport for multichannel audio.

Are the output levels of the DS and DS Jr matched?

I have the original DS and am tempted to get 2 more Jrs with the Transport for a multichannel system. I like that there is a volume control for the Jrs so I could theoretically get them hooked up directly to power amplifiers.

The output levels aren’t matched, but they will change in step: i.e. each tick on both is 1/2 dB and they respond to the same remote commands. Then again if your speakers aren’t identical and symmetrically arranged and their amps aren’t identical then the levels front to back aren’t exactly matched either.