Do you enjoy listening at late night levels?

not to mention that the power is usually Cleaner at night…

1 Like

Cleaner power at night can be bypassed altogether with a power regenerator.
The benefits are absolutely wonderful. Clean power 24/7

I have one, well worth saving up for one or wait till they come up used on the marketplace

1 Like

Same here! Right now I’m listening at 55db average through Sprout100 and a pair of Klipsch RP-600M. Sprout’s bass boost is perfect for night listening.

Agreed.

And to your OP, I love me my late night indulgence. Many theories as to why late night is so satisfying. I do listen quieter at night out of necessity though I have never busted out my Radio Shack SPL meter. Now I have a to-do for the weekend. For the most part, the sound is all there for me too. My amps are Class A all the time but nonetheless, they perform outstandingly at very low levels. I will say that there is FAR less “noise pollution” in my environment which undoubtedly contributes to a bump in SQ for me in the nighttime hours.

1 Like

According to the app on my phone, I tend to listen between 50db to 60db. That can’t be right but perhaps it is. My Tinnitus keeps me from letting it rip, I do on occasion but not very often. I have my subs tuned for my regular listening levels. I should dig out my old Radio Shack meter. There is no way I hit 60 db peaks. That would be lame. LOL

I think a big factor in how detailed the sound is at low levels is how quiet the amp is.

2 Likes

Another issue is some loudspeakers and even headphones need to be listened to at a elevated level to come to life. I bought a pair of CIEMs that needed to be way loud in order to be even worth listening to. Unfortunately the level required was too much for me. Fortunately CIEMs can be reshelled for the guy who bought them from me.

My Wilsons seem quite happy to deliver the goods at lower levels. Whew.

4 Likes