At what average db level do you listen?

I like around 75 db.
What about you ?

2 Likes

Same here ~75dB at the listening seat :+1:t2:

On the nearfield desktop system about 50dB. On the main system about 65dB.

1 Like

I would say 60 to 80 depending on my mood and the piece of music being played.

1 Like

45 - 65 dependent on time of day (or night)

Much less nowadays ā€¦ 55 - 70dB depending on material played, it used to feel like 130dB as the Tornado Jets fired on the afterburners overhead heading out from RAF Leuchars towards the River Forth, not good when listening to musicā€¦!

2 Likes

I wouldnā€™t know, donā€™t own a dB meter, but I would guess not as loud as I use to unless the wife is listening with me. Sheā€™ll give the the thumbs up for turning the volume louder!!!

1 Like

Download a free app onto your phoneā€¦!

2 Likes

There lies the problem, Iā€™ve never owned a cellular phone. :upside_down_face:

8 Likes

ā€œSomeday the ā€˜20th centuryā€™ will arrive on your mountainā€ā€¦ :grin:

3 Likes

A lot of places in the mountains there isnā€™t any cellular service, Iā€™m lucky to have a land line!!!

4 Likes

Wow! Iā€™m kind ofā€¦envious? incredulous? No, letā€™s stick with envious for now.

5 Likes

avaerage= 72.465

2 Likes

Recently, sound in my left ear distorts above 65-70 according to my Apple Watch

1 Like

Only 3 decimal places? You are scrimping on the precision there! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Varies greatly as to time to day (or night), if my wife is watching TV (living room is unfortunately right over my audio roomā€¦), and the music and mood. Would safely say between 55-80dB

1 Like

And I misspelled avuhrige

1 Like

72 to 74dB

Downloaded a free app to my phone as Dirk suggested.

Ambient dB-A level for a Tuesday morning with the windows open and some suburban traffic noise = 40dB

Listening to a playlist from my laptop that I play every day via JRiver to the Bridge on my DAC the average was 55 and peak of 65.

Iā€™m sure these last figures would have been much higher if Iā€™d been watching an action movie on Netflix.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s about right, so the app is giving good results for your phone. Not unusual for an iPhone since the hardware is well defined, but less so for Android with a wide range of platforms.

2 Likes