Does the PMG 512 currently require Roon to stream Tdal?
This is officially what it supports:
| Connectivity |
|---|
Roon Ready
Tidal via Roon
Qobuz Connect
Spotify Premium
DLNA/UPnP
ShairPort
Iâm listening to Tidal Connect thru the PMG 512 right now, and I do not have Roon âŠ
Just wanted to clarify that Tidal Connect works directly and doesnât require Roon to use Tidal. For some reason, the AI on google and other places says we donât but we do!
Thatâs great to know that Tidal Connect works, however, I copied those exact words from the PS Audio PMG 512 manual, page 7.
âYour PMG 512 DAC comes with a built in Streamer. Stream audio via services like Roon, Tidal via Roon, Qobuz Connect, Spotify Premium, DLNA/UPnP, and ShairPort.â
Things change and programs update all the time - keeping manuals current is a PITA.
I believe when it was first built, it did not support. Tidal connect was lagging. It seems to have caught up. Documentation is slower to catch up.
Thanks for the heads up. Iâll forward this to the manual people to get it updated.
WowâŠI wish I knew this a few days ago. I subscribed to Qobuz & converted all of my Tidal music to Qobuz, then downloaded all that music to my phone for when Iâm out of cell service. I also installed & configured Qobuz on 2 laptops, 3 iPads and my phone. Then i spent a few hours familiarizing myself wthe the Qobuz app on those 3 platforms. My PMG 512 wonât arrive until Wednesday so I wanted to be prepared. Damn!
Thatâs a lot of work! But maybe itâs not for nothing. Paul has stated often that Qobuz sound quality bests Tidal. Hopefully, youâll enjoy Qobuz on the PMG 512.
I know I do!
â Chris