Finally took the plunge and got myself DS Sr

I’ve had mine for over a year and will NEVER part with it ! my only suggestion is buy a cheap Sony UBP-X800, and buy the Chinese HDMI Video to HDMI I2S adapter box from China, and enjoy true DSD playback via SACD/DSD files.

1 Like

I assumed South given the Lashings reference. Got both sides covered as my son lives in Stockwell. My only regret after marrying was moving out of St Johns Wood. Besides the basics like an Audioquest Jitterbug for £50, I’m intrigued by the Innuos Phoenix USB, designed specifically to clean up computer outputs to good DACs. There are a few local stockists and a loan might be possible. A good streamer might be equally effective. All in good time. Innuos are bringing out a streaming system in a few months to run on the Zen/Zenith Mk3 that has a very high quality USB output. Auralic reportedly also have excellent usb output.

1 Like

I have a Sony UBP-800 and a P S Audio Direct Stream DAC Sr. ! Would you please tell me the model number and company that produces this item ?

2 Likes

Here’s the cheapest I’ve found it. Takes about a month to get here. Mine has been rock solid for over a year.

1 Like

Does the item operate using A/C power cord from the USA ? Inquiring minds want to know !

1 Like

Congratulations! The DSD ranks as one of my most satisfying audiophile purchases. I hope it is the same for you.

1 Like

Sorry…my bad. This one will do the job unless your into those fancy overpriced thingy’s with big bad Toroidal’s.

Aclorol 5V 8A 40W Power Supply AC/DC Power Adapter AC 100~240V to DC 5volt 8amps Converter Transformer 5.5X2.5mm Plug for CCTV Camera WS2811 WS2812B LED Strip Light Pixels
by Yantech
Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08744HB1X/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_RQ7RHYFEWG9FT0CGC76Q

You don’t appear to enjoy spending money.
Not that there is anything wrong with that.

3 Likes

Come on !!! Thats indeed a very bad habit. Very shameful for a hifi enthusiast. Should be outcasted.

2 Likes