Footers vs weight on top

I suggest your speakers. I would look at Isoacoustics or Townshend.

I put Iso’s on my speakers this past week and am still annoyed at myself for waiting. Now that I have been really listening these past two days the change is remarkable. Now I know why Focal puts them on their speakers at audio shows.

1 Like

I came across this article, recently:

You may find it to be relevant and informative (I did).

Cheers.

2 Likes

Ah well. Silly me, of course the most inherently resonant component should be isolated!
I’ll get the Isoacoustics for my speakers when I have the money. Or maybe the Audio Physic countermagnetic feet, they might be even better matched for my Audio Physic speakers.
Anyway this is expensive stuff.

1 Like

Strange coincidence, I just mentioned in another thread how spikes are not actually useful. Just like it’s told there.
There was wondering if ball bearings are better…

1 Like

I think spikes can be useful. You just have to match their deployment with your intended objective.

FWIW, I combine dampening with coupling for my speakers (more below*). Likewise, your brass footers/pads combination strikes me as likely being efficacious.

*My Anthony Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1 speakers spikes and discs have been replaced with IsoAcoustics Gaia Speaker Isolators. The Gaia’s and the speakers are resting on 3-inch thick maple “butcher-block” plinths serving as bases/stands under the speakers. I have screwed older (no longer available) VIABLUE spikes into the bottom of the bases, which rest on spike disks on my carpeted floor (with plywood subfloor, which is also part of the ceiling of my garage). This setup raises the somewhat diminutive floor standards to a more proper height given my listening distance and the raked (rear-leaning) design of the speakers, and seems to provide both stability and isolation.

I initially tried the Gaia’s under the bases and kept the original spikes and discs provided with Gallo’s on the bottom of the speakers, resting on the bases. This resulted in a much more “fuzzy”, less focused/tight presentation. Coupling the bases to the floor and isolating the speakers from the bases using the Gaia’s seems to be the right combination.

There is no substitute for experimenting and listening with your own ears.

Cheers.

1 Like

A couple years ago I had some rewards points that I had to use or I would lose them. I could not find something to buy, so I settled on Isoacoustics speaker stands for my Focal bookshelf speakers. I thought for sure it would be snake oil and my speakers would vibrate off of them.

After getting them installed there was an immediate and noticeable improvement. I would not have believed it if I had not heard it with my own ears. Vibrations are absorbed and the speakers have not even moved a fraction of an inch since I set them up.

1 Like

I also have four Iso Orea under our Center Channel. Also a really profound difference. Voices are very natural and clear. The Orea immediately removed cabinet resonance that muddies voices

1 Like