For Qobuz users

Yeah, just go with it. Unfortunately, playlists of streaming content is somewhat ethereal or transitory.

Thanks for the feedback, Good advice, I’ll just go with it and hope it evolves.

I’ve had saved albums on Tidal just flat-out disappear. Support gave the same type of explanation. In some cases, doing a new search “found” the content again. In other cases, some albums by a group or artist have simply disappeared - and are not to be found anywhere - while others remained.

Moral: if you really like it, buy it.

1 Like

Yes I have the same, some songs missing. If they offer to help fix it that would be great! Love those playlists. Qobuz is still fairly new in USA and expanding their catalog daily they said. I can imagine that e.g. reindexing and reorganizing their file storage might break some links. I cant imagine though that they would actually be removing songs, but maybe that happens also.

This also happens with the Tidal conversions of Ronald’s playlists. Some times songs are gone for good, others times they can be found with a search.

I wonder if they no longer have the rights to the songs that completely disappear? For me this seems to be a bigger issue with Tidal than Qobuz.

Have you tried Volumio? I used it on a rasp 3 as player for my headphone setup and it worked pretty well.

That is next in the queue of software to try once LMS irritates me enough;)
Does it allow more than one local library, and display those as separate libraries?
Really bugs me how some seem to merge local libraries and even remote services- no way to keep track of what’s where!

If I remember correctly, in Volumio you can attach a NAS or external drive and browse using your folder structure. It also works as a upnp endpoint, so you can browse through minimserver using standard control point software (bubble unpn, for instance).

And it never mingles local and streaming libraries and services.

Take a shot. It is well built and very functional.

So no server software, just a network share? Sounds interesting and more what I used to hope a streaming solution would provide, I might give it a go this week :slight_smile:
Best thing about a pi - whip out the card and try something different:)

Yep. No server. Only a very well built network player. The rasp flexibility is what makes this little thing of amazing value.

I shall try it - I got so used to needing crappy (often) server software that I almost gave up on one that can just mount a SMB share (or nfs, presumably), definitely trying this out (off out to a gig now, which is a rarity, but if I’m sleepless I’ll look into it tonight :wink:

It’ll mount both nfs and smb (I think afp also, but never tried). As always, it is based on Linux, so nfs support is native, and smb comes from cifs protocol. You will enjoy.

1 Like

I’ll let you know:)

I think that’s part of the scenario, losing rights. It also be that a re-search brings up the song.

For everyone, but specially for those that do not like X-mess music… Here’s number 25 and it has no more than 2 percent of it… Half of it is made while sitting under a pecan tree in Monahans, TX. You’ll find music from all over the world. So… Enjoy and happy holidays everyone…!!!

https://open.qobuz.com/playlist/2620635

1 Like

Couldn’t get it to boot on my pis, will try a different version over the holidays :slight_smile:

I resemble this remark. X-mess indeed! Perfect.

2 Likes

That is somewhat strange. Always worked for me with no headaches. Wish you best troubleshooting.

1 Like

Is it possible to incorporate these playlists into My Playlists? I only seem to be able to import the songs into the offline library. What am I missing?