Getting Oppo DSD Output to the Direct Stream Dac

Ok, as I promised earlier, here are some screenshots of My Oppo 103’s configuration. What I can tell you is that with this configuration on my Oppo, combined with the 5.1 input on the card, and the pre-emphasis fix which I described above, every single format comes through perfectly now. The singular exception of SACD (which gets its channels reversed), but which otherwise works beautifully now.

In previous posts I has stated that this board sounded worse than my Vanity card. However in experimenting further this evening I stumbled upon another minor breakthrough: If You run your Oppo in “Pure Audio” mode (there is a button on the remote which enables this mode), this card goes from sounding noticeably worse than my vanity card to having a wider soundstage that the Vanity.

I only purchased this board out of curiosity because I was cheap, and I was intrigued by it. But I never expected it to sound better than my Vanity card. But it does now, provided that you run your Oppo in “Pure Audio” Mode.

One very big warning when using this card: It can have some FULL VOLUME noise bursts at times when it switching modes between some formats. So be VERY careful about switching at high volumes, or you might damage either your amp or speakers with a brief noise burst!