Good Movies

Not really an Audio movie but a fun one to watch with the family, “cricket meets baseball”.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiC8o7i_ZqE

A deeply touching film by a talented young Toronto writer and director.

http://vimeo.com/70823660

Something to look forward to.

In theatres early November

“The Theory of Everything is a 2014 British romantic biographical film[3] directed by James Marsh and penned by Anthony McCarten. The film was inspired by the memoir Travelling to Infinity: My Life with Stephen by Jane Hawking, which deals with her relationship with her ex-husband theoretical physicist Stephen Hawking, his diagnosis of amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), and his success in physics.”

http://www.thetheoryofeverythingmovie.co.uk/

1 Like

If you enjoy the above then this might be of interest.

“I AM is an utterly engaging and entertaining non-fiction film that poses two practical and provocative questions: what’s wrong with our world, and what can we do to make it better? The filmmaker behind the inquiry is Tom Shadyac, one of Hollywood’s leading comedy practitioners and the creative force behind such blockbusters as “Ace Ventura,” “Liar Liar,” “The Nutty Professor,” and “Bruce Almighty.” However, in I AM, Shadyac steps in front of the camera to recount what happened to him after a cycling accident left him incapacitated, possibly for good. Though he ultimately recovered, he emerged with a new sense of purpose, determined to share his own awakening to his prior life of excess and greed, and to investigate how he as an individual, and we as a race, could improve the way we live and walk in the world.”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WufJYuxR6E

…bringing this thread back to life.

Anyone have any good movies they have been watching while stuck at home?

These are a couple I watched recently and really enjoyed…some old and new:

The grand Budapest Hotel

grand budapest hotel

Parasite

Lets hear some others…

7 Likes

King Hu:

Dragon Inn remaster is great

His films are the best chinese for me

1 Like

“Knives Out”. Very well written and the acting is great.

3 Likes

Blade Runner. Streamed it over the weekend.

I’ve lost track of how many times I’ve seen it. From the stunning visualization to the Vangelis score, that film changed my expectations of what cutting edge Sci-Fi could be.

10 Likes

Raiders of the Lost Ark. The first Indiana Jones movie.

3 Likes

Great movie, im lookimg right now to the new remaster, amazing

1 Like

You should not miss this movie:

Murder by death 1976 :laughing:

2 Likes

My son and I really enjoyed 1917.

1 Like

Plenty - with Meryl Stereo and Charles Dance (Tracey Ullman does a great turn in it to).
Very English but hugely entertaining if a comedy of manners is your thing.

Paris, Texas.

Trainspotting - cannot be recommended highly enough!

I so rarely watch films that the few I love stick out :slight_smile:
More will come to mind over time I’m sure!

2 Likes

Oh yes and The Third Man - even finer than Citizen Kane :slight_smile:
IMHO of course

3 Likes

Any of the Alien movies.
Tron.
2001 Space Odyssey.
Lara Croft movies.
Most of the James Bond movies.

4 Likes

Another vote for the Alien franchise! Aliens in particular is a masterpiece. One of the few times a sequel IMO outdid the original. Hard to admit James Cameron one-upped my hero Ridley Scott, but it’s true.

4 Likes

As far as recent releases go I can highly recommend Jojo Rabbit. I also really enjoyed Ford v Ferrari, the great audio was an added bonus.

1 Like

We watched the original in a movie theater and it scared the hell out of both of us. We have probably watched the series at least 10 times since and they still do the trick.

1 Like

I saw the original in a movie theater when it was released as well. Spooked me big time. When I left the theater I found myself peeking around corners for a slimy acid spitting monster. Alien got under my skin like no other creature feature since I first saw the Creature from the Black Lagoon.

1 Like

Like the topic, but should be re-stated by movie category…for example
Sci-Fi- 5th Element, 12 Monkeys, Predator, etc
Action movies…Jason Statham movies, Steve Austin movies, Bruce Willis …Die Hards, some of his movies…in the later years, he basically just put his name on some movies but played a minor part. Just sayin,

1 Like