Hi-Fi Photography and Images

As a happy owner of the AV10 I share and reply with this photo :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

That looks nice.

1 Like

I want to buy the room.

1 Like

Gentlemen, I didn’t specify that it’s not mine. :laughing:
I would love to buy it too, it looks fantastic! :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyone have an opinion on the WAF?

Not great pictures, but still:

2 Likes

Zesto.
I haven’t heard them, but they’re pretty.

3 Likes

I like them also.

But every time I look at them I see fish, or dolphins or something (?).

:wink:

2 Likes

You would probably have the same reaction to Mola Mola gear, and that is intentional.

Although only at shows, I’ve heard Zesto gear many times. I’ve always felt Zesto came away with among the most natural sounding rooms. I’d just sit there and think “this room sounds wonderful”. George Counnas and his wife Carolyn being so warm and inviting is a nice addition.

1 Like

Several years ago I heard a Zesto system with Sonus Faber speakers. It was memorable; sublime.

1 Like

Whales maybe.

2 Likes

I wanted to buy this turntable, I wasn’t even interested in listening to it. It just seems like art to me.

2 Likes

Clearaudio makes that turntable? I’m happy with my basic Pioneer Direct Drive, but I’ve lusted after a Clearaudio from the moment the dealer showed me “And, here, the bearing is entirely magnetic”.

Lust is a deadly sin, I’ve been told. Damn you Clearaudio and Rolex, damn you.

4 Likes

I think I posted an image of this kit before.

I don’t have a need for an integrated amplifier, but if I did…

It’s just plain gorgeous, I think.

4 Likes

pretty but she sure ain’t cheap

2 Likes

Dude—Direct Drive–It’s a thing, man. My next preposterous expenditure will be direct drive.

1 Like

Right? I think Reichert nailed it when he noted that they have a propulsive “drive” that belt tables can’t always match. I do wish for a better tonearm some days though.

We always want what we don’t have I suppose. That being said I won’t be making changes any time soon.

“ Yes, people, the Pioneer PLX-1000 plays music like a high-torque direct-drive record-playing machine. That is why I enjoyed it so much. It gave tangible force and soulful energy to pop, R&B, jazz, and electronica. Belts can’t touch the PLX-1000’s excitement, naturally formed detail, and clearly expressed forward momentum. And who could have imagined? This new Pioneer also showcases the complex tonal character and elegant structures of classical music better than any affordable belt-drive I’ve experienced. So . . .

That’s me you see, standing on my Bed-Stuy stoop, waving my hands and entreating you: “Give up your prejudices! You have nothing to lose but your dried-out ol’ rubber bands!” Pioneer’s new PLX-1000 is not only a worthy successor to the legendary Technics SL-1200MK2, it is a serious contender for the best audiophile-grade turntable for less than $2000. Unabashedly recommended.”

(And THAT is how I met your mother)

4 Likes

Aura Hifi Show

7 Likes

This caught my eye:

More info./pictures/review here:

6 Likes