Hifi Pet Peeves

My hifi pet peeve, and I thought this train of thinking finally died 20 years ago, is people who think that electronic isn’t “real music” or worthy of a high fidelity system.

Your lack of appreciation or understanding doesn’t invalidate it as an art form. There’s plenty of room in the world for both acoustic & electronic instruments, not to mention artists who seamlessly blend the two.

Kids these days and their damn electrical guitars, smh. The truest representation of a hifi system’s performance is the ability to faithfully reproduce field recordings.

2 Likes

Can’t agree with that - there is well recorded/produced music that both benefits from hifi and impresses when tried to be found in pretty much any genre - when I was a teenager I was told I didn’t need a hifi as I was only listening to pop and rock music, and high fidelity was only required for “proper” (ie classical) music.
They were wrong :slight_smile:

7 Likes

They were very wrong for sure!! I remember folks telling me anything that uses electricity can not be a musical instrument. You know, the type of people that think rock is the Devil’s music and if you have long hair you must be on drugs.

4 Likes

Oh you met my parents then :smiley:

4 Likes