Holo Audio: one of the best dacs ever? J Atkinson, H Reichert, S Deckert, M Lavorgna, GoldenSound, D Abramson and the Stereophile reviewers think so. Stereophile A+ and POY 2020

Thanks. The only reason I have knowledge about the subject is that my largest customer who I have had a close relationship with for over 20 years is from a very responsible Western European country. They have manufacturing facilities in 60 countries and struggle constantly with prices vs. human rights and caring for the planet. A typical widget that costs $10 to manufacture in the USA or EU costs closer to $1 or $2 in China, SE Asia or India.

1 Like

Speaking invisibly, let’s get back to audio. We have covered China many times in the past, including that which is being expressed in this thread yet again.

As always, you can take it to PMs if you would like to discuss China further.

2 Likes

Didn’t mean to start a pissing match. I was just trying to show some justification for the pricing structure question.

2 Likes

You posted in good faith. :+1:

The topic always invokes strong emotions . . . and then sprints quickly downhill. :bomb:

2 Likes

I deleted the off-topic posts.

Take it to PMs folks.

3 Likes

What make/model/length AC power cord are you using on the Holo Serene Pre ?

2 Likes

I was considering Pass for my next step in amplification in a few years (I currently use Plinius and love it, but always looking for better).

I am curious how the Serene stacks up with big hitters like Pass, T+A, MBL, Accuphase.

I wonder if any reviewer has compared it to those benchmarks.

No, nothing has changed. These are beautifully hand crafted in the best factory in China that also builds beautiful cabinetry for Sonus Faber, and many other well respected brands, some of which don’t talk much about it and I am restricted from mentioning them. I am not into hiding this because I am thrilled to work with these people. They are great and have some of the best woodworking, painting, and machining facilities on the planet.

3 Likes

Excellent I think it is important to separate the government from the people two very different things

1 Like

Paul…where are the FR30 drivers and crossover’s sourced from? Also… I believe Sonus Faber only outsources their lower end systems to China.

The Matrix has its own thread on the forum, with more than 5000 posts.
It’s owned by a LOT of people on the forum, including Ted. I bought one based on the universal praise by forum members, and I am glad I did.
Matrix Audio, like Holo Audio, is a Chinese company. Maybe I missed it, but it doesn’t seem to be an issue on the Matrix thread :man_shrugging:.

Probably because it costs $300 not $3000? :smile:

1 Like

What make/model/length AC power cord are you using on the Holo Serene Pre ?

1 Like

Several DACs, a preamp, I wonder what is next?

I think it would be great if they came out with a streamer.

1 Like

Amps would be interesting too, to go with the Serene.

I’m interested in viewing this videos. Which reviewers are you referring to?

1 Like

I am interested too. Where can we find those reviews ?

My experience : I have about 420 DSD files, and a few SACDs. The May KTE sounds just as amazing with DSD files and SACDs fed by the wonderful PSA PST, as it does with PCM. By the way, I don’t upsample, and my DSD library is very small compared to my CDs and PCM library.

On the Audiophile Style thread, a lot of people use HQ Player, like @brett66, @mrderrick, @speed-racer, and they apparently love the May with everything upsampled to DSD.

I am really looking forward to @waymanchen11 trying the May. He will use the DSD side of the May with his SACDs, and will confirm, or not, the lack of sensitivity of the May to hdmi cables.

3 Likes

Add me too the list also. Looks like mine will be delivered in about a week. It’s been a long wait but looking forward to hearing it.

2 Likes