HQPlayer with DSD

Anyone using HQPlayer with the DSD Dac? Would you like to share your settings? Thanks.

I have the hq player but have yet to use it with the ds jr [quote=“alcarp, post:1, topic:6945, full:true”]
Anyone using HQPlayer with the DSD Dac? Would you like to share your settings? Thanks.
[/quote]

I’ve answered my own question. I’ve been trialling HQPlayer embedded on a Sonic Transporter I5 and the improvement is very discernible. Vocals and mid range are much clearer, base more focused and in sinc and the high frequencies are smoother over.

No hesitation in recommending this.

I concur. I like the sound processed through HQPe better than the DS alone. However, Ted has a new release about to drop so we will see…

@brett66 What has been your experience with Snowmass and HQPlayer?

Does HQP still improve things?

Yes, every so slightly. Much less than with Redcloud. Try it without or with no upsampling, especially on 44.1/16 material. Ted did a really good job.

i slightly prefer poly-sinc-ext2 or none to Roon alone. No dither. It takes off just a slight upper end edge for my ears. But I should note that I only upsample to 176 or 192kHz and allow the DS to take it from there via I2S.

1 Like

HQPlayer work with Bridge II + Roon ?

I don’t believe it does. HQ Player with Bridge II

1 Like