Is AQ Dragon really that much better than Thunderbird?

I tried an Audience Front Row HC power cable going into my P20. I put on a record and by the time I got back to my listening chair, I knew I would be buying a full loom eventually.

2 Likes

You would have to be endlessy patient to get a home trial of Gryphon gear. If you order a Diablo 333 right now, June 2025 might be the wait time. Free home trial of Gryphon Apex? Be patient, it could happen. But I have a doubt.

1 Like

To this date I have been curious regarding the Audience line, especially Front Row. Until other aspects of my system are fleshed out cable upgrades are not in the cards.

Neither are in the cards for me. Both are exemplary, but there are other factors I need to take into consideration which we have discussed outside the forum. If I was considering a Diablo 300 or 333 Iā€™d make the trip for an audition before investing. Since my ultimate goal is downsizing the Apex isnā€™t a consideration. Happy to be a Vitus owner.

The main reason I bought PSA gears, beside their trade-in deal, was their 30-day tryout period. So far, I have not returned one yet.

The only cable I bought with a 30 day tryout was ZenWave PSR-11. The owner told me he has yet had one return and many ordered more. But the darn thing needed 60 days of break in (I am not kidding), and if you bent the power cord too much that there would be another one-week re-settle time. :open_mouth:

Did you try before you bought the Vitus?

1 Like

Buy what Al saysā€¦ could be my motto! If only I couldā€¦

1 Like

Yes, having heard it for an extended period prior to purchase. Then conditional purchase with Sabrinas, which was low risk in my estimation. Did similar with my Luxman L509X.

4 Likes

Ok, I just pulled the trigger on the Dragon 48. Should get it next week. Canā€™t wait to compare it to the Thunderbird.

6 Likes

Looking forward to your feedback after 200 hours of break-inšŸ·

2 Likes

Yes like @dchang05 said give it some time it will sound better each week.

4 Likes

Just got the Dragon and put in in my system this morning. My first impression is tighter bass and vocals are a bit more detailed and clear. It will be interesting to see how things will change as it burns in. Sounds pretty good so far.

2 Likes

It will improve even more. You have the king of the I2s connection.

1 Like