It's 2022! What's the first music you listened to in 2022?

Art Farmer/ Jim Hall, “Big Blues”
51tlrmRV5jL

1 Like

1 Like

Haven’t decided yet. Something that doesn’t make my head hurt😝 And I think this was very likely my first no-alcohol NYE since I was a kid.

Plus there’s a foot of snow, nobody is running around, and it’s really, really quiet right now🙏🏻

2 Likes

3 Likes

Frankly, that all sounds pretty good to me.

4 Likes

Going with this one - fits the vibe:

I’ve gone off the whole amateur-night thing of NYE over the past couple of decades, but this feeling of the world being still that can come on NYDay…love it.

2 Likes

I’ve never cared about NYE. A dinner party with a nod to NYE does it for me.

2 Likes

Good ole’ Bugge.
I looked him up. I like him.

I also enjoy saying his name. Using an imitation of the Muppet Swedish Chef’s “accent”.

1 Like

Track 3 - a tradition in this household

4 Likes

3 Likes

1 Like

Happy New Years to all, wishing for a healthy and peaceful 2022. Good riddance 2021.

2 Likes

The Cinematic Orchestra - To Believe

I can’t get enough of this album!

1 Like

You’re in a Sun Ra mood lately!

It was Mozart.

Yes, I have 260+ Sun Ra albums. Many original LPs and the rest reissues. I’ve been asked to come up with a list of favorites, which is a tall order. So I’ve been sorting through my collection and trying to come up with 5 recommendations. Been listening to Sun Ra since I first ventured into jazz, and have seen him with the Arkestra on many occasions, as well as the most recent Marshall Allen Sun Ra Arkestra Project. We were looking to book them at Cafe Coda in Madison, and then COVID hit. As things stand I don’t see that as a viable option. IIRC Marshall is 9 years young. Last time I saw the Sun Ra Arkestra, Marshall Allen incarnation, was at a 2017 New Year’s Eve celebration at Chicago’s Constellation.

2 Likes