Just getting into Hifi, help guide.. (component recommendations)

So I’ve found a reveiw on the interwebs of the Chromcast Audio. While bit perfect at 24/96, its Toslink connection is apparently quiet jittery. Does the Stellar DAC buffer and reclock everything before sending it on down the line?

2 Likes

It does reclock but I’ve noticed significant benefits in my system running a Spdif Ipurifier in between my tv optical and SGCD.

And would you believe the power supply makes a difference on Spdif reclocker performance :slight_smile:

Just looked the Ipurifier up. Sweet, everyone seems to agree this little sucker works! I’ll grab one.

How do you have things plugged into AC?

I don’t have anything just yet. It’ll be a few weeks before I order any of the components.

Thanks for sharing that, I always like reading Archimago’s work - very detailed and thorough with his measurements.

I’ve not noticed any audible imperfections caused by the jitter in my Chromecast Audio going to my GCD, though I don’t doubt that something like the iPurifier would be a great addition :grin:

If I were to get a Maggie DWM Bass Panel, what would be the best way to power one? Would an S300 be enough to power 2 1.7i and a DWM? The DWM is split into two drivers that each can accept an input. Do I wire each side in series or parallel? Wiring in parallel would put only a 2 Ohm load on the S300, which I imagine it would not like.