Let me make you jealous

I am just from Keith Jarrett/Gary Peacock/Jack De Johnette concert. This is magic! No audio system at any resolution can reproduce it.

You hit the nail on the head. I am jealous. :-bd

Very nice!

Nice!!!

So where was the concert?

It probably won’t make many people jealous compared to your concert, but I saw Pace and Zimmerman playing the Bach violin sonatas at the Concertgebouw (kleinezaal) in Amsterdam Sept 12. Then I returned and enjoyed the very good Sony recording of the same and thought about the differences and overwhelming similarities.

I am jealous of anything at the Concertgebouw…

David, you would have made me jealous a week ago or a week from now, but not now, when I just enjoyed this amazing trio. :slight_smile:

The concert was in Seattle. I still have not had a chance to listen to my stereo after the concert. I hope to be able to do it today. I don’t think that a recording can be compared to life performance. There is such a strong energy at the concert, that sound and visual aspects of performance almost disappear.

I am jealous of anything at the Concertgebouw...

Errrm... The acoustic there sucks... Unless you seat at the very correct spot.
David said: Then I returned and enjoyed the very good Sony recording of the same and thought about the differences and overwhelming similarities.

This is exactly what we did after several latest live concerts. I preferred my system and "other" versions of "the same". Oh, one exception - Lugansky solo (http://www.alekz.net/archives/667 )
Alekz said: I preferred my system

There is something wrong with your system ;)
wglenn said: I am jealous of anything at the Concertgebouw...

:)

The small hall has its challenges, but is otherwise a pleasant venue, and I knew where to sit given the violin/piano combo.

Comparison of the live and recorded performances was not, in my case, focused on deriving a preference between the two.

Makes good sense, on both counts.

Alekz said: I preferred my system

There is something wrong with your system ;)

No, there was something wrong with live acoustics, live performance and live public :D Something what my system (and recordings) could fix.