Listening event in Dayton

4 Likes

That was my first time hearing the Nautilus. The B&W rep said it was probably gonna be there for a week or so if you want to call them (Hanson Audio Video in Dayton) you might be able to give them a listen. Small room, four Classe monoblocks streaming from a HiFi Rose source. All songs Iā€™d never heard before, far off the audiophile beaten path. (One room was demoing with Phil Collins ā€œI Donā€™t Care Anymoreā€, which gets my Mike in Dayton Seal of Approvalā„¢ļø on the low end B&W towers with I think a Marantz 70 receiver). Anyhow, impressive demo. Glad to be able to say Iā€™ve heard a set.

4 Likes

George at Kyomi Audio has a new pair of Nautilus speakers. I listened and I loved! They sound like my Vivids. (Yes, I know why)

5 Likes

They were nice with metallic finish that is difficult to make out in a picture.

2 Likes

They are impressive and timeless!

2 Likes

B&W. True to their engineering driven spirit. In house drivers, crossovers, cabinetsā€¦. minimal baffles, time alignment, exotic materials (i.e, diamond tweeters, Kevlar cones)ā€¦all that a hi-fi nerd would want, unless he just wanted to get closer to the music.

3 Likes

If that were the case, he would own a Gryphon amplifier.

2 Likes

True to Laurence Dickieā€˜s engineering! He also designed a speaker that some have heard of Vivid Audio!

3 Likes

I know four or five people now who own Vivids. All seem pleased. I think Baldy is the most recent to get on the Vivid bus.

I think I could live with Martin Logan CLX speakers, Gryphon EOS 5, nearly any Estelon, most, if not all Wilsons, the FR20 or FR30, and twenty other brands that surprised me at Axpona.

But these Vivids negate the need to think about such things.

But hey, I was B&W guy for 30 years. They are all still in service. Mid 90s B&W.

3 Likes

The pre Diamond Nautilus have a special place in my heart! I always thought Iā€™d have a pair of Signature 800ā€™s at one time but I went electrostats.

I Never liked the Diamond tweeters.

1 Like

Anyone who appreciates B&W Nautilus and Vivid will appreciate these! Make an offer I think they are going to take any reasonable offer!

An unused pair of Forzas! What a terrible waste! Ack!

1 Like

It is a shame. $2400 shipping it may be cheaper to pick them up.

Or mine the raw materials and build your own.

1 Like

Your Vivids are good, no reason to search further, unless Jamie changes his mind. LOL!

1 Like