M700 M1200 amplifier upgrades continued

Sounds logical! I’m hoping to have direct stream dac in my future Someday! Take care!

1 Like

5 LRS in the right space would be awesome!

How are you liking the electrostatics? I bought the Drop he4xx planar mags a year ago or so and they definitely took things up to another level though frankly I’m able to listen to speakers anytime so I tend to probably 95%/5%.

I wish closed cans sounded this good as they’re really is no isolation for those around

1 Like

The isolation sucks but it’s a tradeoff for Sound Quality IMHO. Every closed back Headphone I’ve ever tried “under $500” sounds like well HEADPHONES ! And the good ones are always bulky.

Yes, these things and plasticky but dead silent (no whistling as some people have observed - a beefy power supply as Currwong observed, is required - the wall wart is weak (1A) and doesn’t fit in my power strip anyways). Light as a feather and absolutely NO FATIGUE !

And you know, listening to my 901’s just ain’t what they used to be. Maggies are in my future but I’'ll never part with my 901’s.

Maggies are known for weak Bass but I’m willing to install however many Subwoofer’s it would take to fill out that 100Hz on down region :joy:

LRS x 5. If I can make 5 901’s sound great, fixing the Bass on 5x LRS’ will be a walk in the park (yeah…right).

Honestly, I’ve had zero experience with electrostat’s and before I went down my beloved 901 Rat-Hole, I didn’t know much about the LRS’ until the YouTube & Stereophile reviews came in. With 3x M700’s, I’ve been told that’s plenty to drive them. Won’t happen till next year (gotta get a home for all this “stuff” first (ya, I just threw in a George Carlin reference).

:tumbler_glass:

1 Like

One “benefit” (or more appropriately, liability) for us audiophiles is the quest to find a place with a great sounding room.

1 Like