Mac Mini to DSD path upgrade

Hi again all,

while my beloved PWT is visiting PS Audio for service, I have been experimenting with my Mac Mini which usually resides in my second system.

i have a few high-res files, but mostly use Tidal HiFi.

Its 2 year old Mac, with an SSD drive, feeding a Schiit Wyrd USB regenerator via a Pangea silver USB 2 cable, which in turn feeds the DSD with a Wireworld Starlight cable.

it sounds OK, but nothing like the PWT…

I also have a bridge 1 in my DS, which I haven’t really been using since it was a PITA to operate…

I guess my questions are:

For about the same price, I can either buy a LAN rover, or upgrade my bridge to a bridge 2 (assuming that PS audio still offers a discount if I return my bridge 1?)

Since I already have the “wyrd schiit” (which is a pretty nice unit), I’m wondering what would be the better sounding upgrade…

Since both options isolate the Mac mini from the DAC via Ethernet, does it make sense to get a high end linear power supply for the Mac? Those are pretty expensive…

Should I put the Mac in another room to minimize sound wave vibrations? Can’t do it now with the USB cable…

Last question regarding “audiophile Ethernet cables” - do they make any audible difference in your experience vs a category 7, high speed, triple shielded standard one?

thanks for your thoughts!

Ami