Matrix X-SPDIF 2

Separated, this is the cable.

@philip-ganinternode-on-net - here is my power distribution. As you can see, I really enjoy my Farad power supplies. I also dropped the Farad 1K noise spectrum above. I will be going Ethergen next summer when my house is finished. You might think of upgrading the Sbooster (19V) w/ Ultra filter (18V @ N+). I did this when my N+ was Sbooster powered and it worked great. I own an N+ w/ 4TB (internal SSD); love my N+. Also, think of isolating the 5V power on your N+ to Matrix USB cable. I show this process in a post on forum.

Going 75ft Blue Jean CAT6A pull through my custom 2in diameter Ethernet tube from router switch to Ethergen. New house is designed with tube in wall so I can upgrade my Ethernet down the road. Below is the test data. Always good to gather test data on everything if you can. Manufacturers BS about specs… people lie, data does not lie… this 75ft patch cable passes CAT6A spec as the data proves. It passes this spec as a whole entity, not the cable passes and connector was not measured. Or, the CAT6A cable was measured in a random sample… measured as you are going to use it.

New House network - moving my AQVOX-SE w/ Farad to the network room. Upgrading the Giga Filter Farad (5V) to Ethergen (7V). Going to separate the POE from Audio/Video Ethernet and see how that goes.

1 Like

Deleted

1 Like

@Vmax - The nice thing about going Blue Jean Ethernet cable is the measured data. You know you are getting a cable that has proper continuity and meets CAT6A specs, data proves it… you did not add the connector and get it wrong or in adding the connector you degraded the cable. In addition to a great Ethernet cable made in USA, cable and connectors w/ tight tolerances that are reflected in the measured data.

Please check continuity on yellow USB wire if other generic cable works.

1 Like

Yes. I own one but it is unused. I found they all sound different when streaming. I settled on Inakustik they come only with inspection authorization regarding passed test. They use wire metallurgy, shielding, and insulation and braiding. I also tried certicable CAT7A which is tested. Better sound but not as good as Inakustik Premium versions for me.

@Vmax - this is the reason I installed a 2in diameter tube from router to music room and router to office. I had CAT7 in my other house and it seemed to work fine. A lot of members like the Inakustik and I might go that way a year after I listen to the BJ6A cable. I don’t trust certifiable without data. I need to see the data, or take a chance it will sound better and let my ears judge. In the end, ears are the instrument, judging performance. If a $2 cable sounds great, put your money in the bank or for some other endeavor.

1 Like

Okay, what kind of problem can I have with this cable?

Yes, the other WireWorld cable activates and deactivates the vbus as I insert or remove an external power supply.

I too get real skeptical when I hear people talk about one quality linear power supply making a “quantum” difference over another quality linear power supply.

Even the biggest improvements we get from power supplies, cables, or DirectStream firmware releases are really quite subtle in reality. Many times these “improvements” are really just differences.

Or they are improvements, not merely “differences.”

As with many things, it depends.

Where, exactly, did I say that these “improvements” are always just “differences” and not “improvements”? I don’t know what you think “many times” means. It doesn’t mean “all the time” or even “most of the time”. I am not speaking in absolutes.

But you go right ahead and make stuff up…

Somebody needs a nap. :zzz:

If you like, you can consider my response to mean: Or they are many times improvements, not merely “differences.”

1 Like

I would inspect both USB ends looking for obvious damage to one connector pin 5v or foreign matter covering it preventing power connection. Perhaps can be cleaned or straightened. Otherwise the wire likely has a break or pulled loose at one connector end. If I bought it and in warranty return to seller or have ends replaced. Definitely contact seller. They might replace for free. .

Here is my statement again:

Many times these “improvements” are really just differences.

That statement implies that most of the time these “improvements” are actually improvements. So your statement:

Or they are many times improvements, not merely “differences.”

Is actually suggesting that the “improvements” are actually less often actually improvements than my statement.

I don’t get your need to contradict me and suggest I was saying something I was not saying. Again, you are making stuff up…

Once again, I will decline your invitation to argue/fight.

If anyone has had any difficulty understanding what either of us wrote - and in the unlikely event they care - I am sure we will hear from them.

2 Likes

Still loving the addition of my sbooster!

Many thanks @cardri
Your set up is absolutely incredible. Maybe one day, if my inventions pay off, I may aspire to somewhere closer to what you have achieved. It must sound incredible. It seems to be a never ending journey, but that’s half the fun. For my ears and in my system, I was extremely impressed with the Farad going to my Matrix on day 1, and judge it to have been an extremely worthwhile investment.

1 Like

@philip-ganinternode-on-net - so glad you are happy. This journey is all about your personal satisfaction. In the end if you are not satisfied, return the gear; take that money and save/spend it… the rest of the external conversation is usually noise… trust your ears… they are an amazing gift from God and are always right… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Truly awesome Sir!