Matrix X-SPDIF 2

The 14 oz. copper vacuum insulated camp mug is pretty cool . . .

6 Likes

See Bootzilla … some people don’t have the vision. Mug, complimentary glass of champagne. It’s a lifestyle !!

1 Like

Still using your Corning optical USB3 Ted?

Mine’s still going strong! (bought from your early posts about some of it’s advantages).

27 posts were split to a new topic: Forum Concerns

On occasion. It works well at times and at other times I have too many USB devices in my system and the Corning cable puts me over some Windows limit. I like the Matrix enough for it’s convinence that I’ll probably use it most of the time.

1 Like

Anyone here that was utilizing the bridge for MQA miss it?

But how are you getting USB audio fed to the Matrix? Is it just a short USB cable now, so your computer is much closer to your system than before?

I have a 10 meter active USB 3 cable and I use a Pluggable powered 10 port USB 3 hub on it’s end with random USB 2 and USB 3 peripherals. I change things around a fair amount as I debug various pieces of hardware.

1 Like

I currently have a W4S RUR usb reclocker in my chain. With the Matrix, is there any point in keeping the RUR around?

Well, after all the positive comments regarding the Matrix, I think I will order one and see how I like it.

1 Like

My Matrix has made it to Beijing, I hope it’ll be ok in the big city :thinking:

1 Like

Anyway, back on the important on-topic conversation about Hawaii. Back in the mid 90’s I flew Microsoft flight simulator into the volcanic crater in Big and found a whole underground empire to fly around.

I was wondering if it is all still there or whether it’s all been redeveloped into flats and cheap accomadation? Living in the uk it’s to far for me to go and check.

2 Likes

Hahahahaha… That’s mighty funny right there…

1 Like

On a more important note. So yesterday my matrix was in Alaska with a delivery date of 3/11. I just refreshed - it’s comint to my doorstep TODAY!! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Good for you @timm

I have been using the matrix with several hdmi cables over the last week and keep going back to a basic looking cable that sounds better that even the wireworld silver starlight 7 hdmi cable. I purchased my Directstream dac second hand and can’t remember if an hdmi cable was included. Can anyone please put my mind at rest and provide photos of the ps audio hdmi cables that came with the perfect wave/memory player.
Many thanks
Steve

I am eager to get your reaction as you unbox this dense, seemingly indestructible marvel of an add-on.

FYI dancingsea. I was not home today - signature WAS required.

1 Like

Crap! I was going to chime in the other day to say that it was required, as I had to sign for mine, but since word came straight from the horses mouth, I figured an accurate answer had been obtained. Bummer!

As a general rule, I have had to sign for every package of any kind of value send from overseas. I know it is not a hard and fast rule, but that has been my experience.

Right. Well the good thing is I work from home tomorrow so no worries. And I found out it was coming today about an hour ago as it had been slated for Monday late last night. I just hate to see electronics touched multiple times in the delivery process