Monitor Audio Silver 300's

I would run the cable as far as away from these components as possible, crossing any power cables, etc. at a 90 degree angle.

Then, after accustomed to the sound, turn these things off and listen to learn if you hear a difference.

Good idea. If I turn them off and hear a difference I’ll need to find a way to change my setup since I need the network to run my Bluesound Node 2 and this is the only point in my house where the cable comes in for my internet. Trial and error!

I suspect you will not hear a difference.

We are good at worrying about minor things when our energies should be obsessed with speaker placement, room treatment, and the like; i.e., the big stuff.

I got it today and it’s partially faulty (did a thread in ask experts) but besides that it’s sounds fantastic, definitely better than Mytek Brooklyn in my system as a pre. Sound has more air, bigger/wider sound stage etc. Even my girlfriend (with ‘yanni ears’ :slight_smile:) was amazed how much better it sounds now. Have to try Mytek through SGCD. My source is Raspberry Pi 2 with Allo Digione HAT at the moment.

Bummer! Though that’s awesome to hear that you prefer the sound of the GCD to the Brooklyn. I’ll have to check out what the fault was in the other thread…

Point well taken. I have gone to pretty good lengths to ensure these things are optimal (at least within the constraints of my environment and the reality of my system being in our main living room).

Ted, thank you for your reply and helpful information. I’ll be sure to keep any environmental interference at a minimum. No computers nearby, but wifi and internet. I’ll have to experiment a bit to see if there’s any sonic degradation because of these.

Did some more listening. Mytek is more revealing than SGCD but SGCD seems more musical with bigger sound stage to me. With SGCD I can’t tell the difference which source is playing (RPi2 with Allo DigiOne - coax, Rpi2 with LanRover - USB or Allo Sparky with USBridge - USB). Have to find a pair of XLR cables now to connect Mytek to SGCD. Of course SGCD has only 20h of burn in so maybe the sound will change later.

Thanks for giving us an update. I’ll be curious to hear your impressions of the Mytek running through the GCD. Plus as it burns in more. Which dac/preamp do you generally prefer at this point given your initial impressions?

Any further thoughts as you’ve had time to listen & compare?

I haven’t done any critical listening, only enjoyed music. I’m waiting for a new firmware and let it burn-in more. Maybe at the end of this week I’ll do some critical listening again.

Thanks - just curious. Hope you’re enjoying everything!