Most self-indulgent audio purchase?

Then…

With ANTI-ROLL mechanism and everything!!

(Because I cant find my old minidisc player right off the bat)

Now…

The best part of customs is there ain’t nobody gonna be stealing them.

4 Likes

I did sell mine though as they were not better than my favorite Shures. They can be re-shelled easily enough and thank goodness I found a willing buyer.

This PF 2.16x Ultra cost 4 times as much as our first house (trailer)
And worth every penny to me :joy:

1 Like

All of my audio purchases have been self-indulgent, as are all of my other luxury purchases.

4 Likes

What Elk said.

1 Like

Sorry. I guess I was aiming at the SELF part. @Elk, this is probably a dumb thread if you’d like to kill it. Not sure where I was going with it.

No reason to kill it and not a dumb thread. We all merely have different ways of viewing things. :slight_smile:

The thread is valid. The question is what was “the most indulgent” purchase. Most indulgent is the qualifier.

Most indulgent purchase, not audio, is easy, my 2017 Macon GTS. It’s an amazing car in every way, it has a soul, but I’d sell it in a minute right now if I didn’t think I’d get killed financially.

My most self-indulgent audio purchases are the guitars and basses i own. I probably should have one or two of each, and I have a number of times that many. I don’t really play well at all and not with anyone or for anyone, and I have them to fulfill teenage dreams . . . of having them. But darn I like having them and indulging myself.

3 Likes

My most indulgent audio purchase was the (one) Eames chair that I sit and listen in.

3 Likes

Uh, oh. I have well over a dozen trumpets . . .

1 Like

Well, only you know how self-indulgent that is. I don’t think it’s as self-indulgent as my purchases as you’re a professional.

1 Like

My most self-indulgent purchase has to be the two Shunyata Sigma NR power cables I bought. One for my P20, which was my previous most self-indulgent purchase, and the other for my DSD which again, was my previous most self-indulgent purchase as I already owned the DSD Jr. …
I can and will do better. Magico M6s perhaps. lol

1 Like

You beat me to it. I also have a Sigma on the P20. Since it
costs more than my Maggie 1.7’s, I guess I could start a “best value”
topic to counterbalance my lunacy.

1 Like

Just the P20… because of very tiny incremental improvements but why not have a power regenerator just in case.

How did those Sigma NRs work out for you? How much of an audible difference did you hear? I’m considering some for my P15 and DSD, which is why I’m asking.

Sadly, the improvements were audible immediately, and sadly again, I am glad I spent the money. Hopefully I am not leading you down a path you will regret.