You might be an audiophile if

You open the email and are disappointed to realize it was about people speakers not electronic speakers.

18 Likes

Your all-time favorite track is a song you don’t particularly like, but it sounds so dang good on your current set up… :roll_eyes:

13 Likes

When your mate says " Look at the cans on that " you check her headphones.

10 Likes

When your bank account balance is smaller than the THD of your Amplifier.

19 Likes

… you use music to listen to your audio equipment, rather than using your audio equipment to listen to music.

13 Likes

When your spare room looks like this…

18 Likes

When you have a dedicated digital room and an analog room and give your wife a 27’ TV with tiny computer speakers and she’s grateful…

9 Likes

When the power cords that came with your gear are unused and still twist tied in a plastic bag.

13 Likes

…when your guru wears shorts, ZZ Top beard and a Hawai shirt…

11 Likes

Or your attic is full of boxes or crates as well…

2 Likes

You get a telling off from your postie on a regular basis for making them carry around too much!

1 Like

Garage Racks and a 16 foot ceiling help

7 Likes

… you choose music based on the format

2 Likes

… you think SACD has a future

(substitute DVD-A, MQA, DSD …)

3 Likes

… you think other people might be even vaguely interested in your audio system.

6 Likes

… you think playback of recorded music can replace live music

Your electricity bill on Friday night…

12 Likes

… you think the invention of solid state was the beginning of the end of the universe as you knew it.

So true! Friends of mine drop by to listen to a few records and actually want to talk about the music instead of the new bearing on the turntable. I mean, it’s only music - can’t you see how much the bearing improves the space between instruments?!? Heretics!

4 Likes

If your wife says you have to choose between her and the hifi …

(I knew someone who made this decision in favour of sports car racing, which is more understandable than hifi.)

2 Likes