NAIM UnitiServe

I did a search of the forums and UnitiServe did not come up, so…

Does anyone have any experience pairing this unit with their PWD (or DSD) DAC and their network? I am thinking about adding this to my system for ripping and storage.

Best regards.

Did you check the NAIM forum ? My dealer had one over once paired with my NAIM NDX, it was nice but we compared ripped CDs with db poweramp, it wasn’t any better we thought. I would use a NAS for storage and save lots of $.

rogerdn said Did you check the NAIM forum ? My dealer had one over once paired with my NAIM NDX, it was nice but we compared ripped CDs with db poweramp, it wasn't any better we thought. I would use a NAS for storage and save lots of $.
I use an Ava Media Zara Premium with a DAC Mk2. The ZP is very similar to the UnitiServe, it uses the same bit perfect ripping software, 2x1TB storage, remote network backups etc., and very similar software (written by the same guy who wrote the Naim software). I control it using n-serve, the same app as for the UnitiServe. The ZP is smaller, cheaper and built into a small fanless aluminium case. It ripped 800 CDs (WAV) without an error. I've been using it for over 2 years with no issues at all. It does make the UnitiServe look expensive, but it is a device you can plug in and forget about.

I have nothing against Naim, I have a UnitiQute2 in my office.