New MultiWave Update

That’s two words. :smiley:

J.P.

@kckuepper This problem will be fixed in the next release. I am not sure when this will happen because I will be out of the office for a while due to a death in my family.

I just upgraded my SD card with the Multiwave firmware change. I set MW to 6 and played with the phase tune until I got 0.3 % output distortion. I was astounded by the improved tone and clarity of my system. I would never believe it if I didn’t hear it. Someone needs to explain this to me.

I just upgraded my SD card with the Multiwave firmware change. I set MW to 6 and played with the phase tune until I got 0.3 % output distortion. I was astounded by the improved tone and clarity of my system. I would never believe it if I didn't hear it. Someone needs to explain this to me.

Electrickery... Voodoo... Black Magic....

>:)

Indeed! >:)

There is a newer firmware version posted on the MultiWave page that has the remote control bug fixed. Same procedure to upgrade.

Thank you, Paul

Dennis, I am very sorry to learn of your loss.

Thanks. New version loaded and the IR MW switching bug is gone. As reported in other posts, outgoing THD in my environment is down to 0,1 from 0,3. Incomming THD is usually 2,1-1,7. Next test is to figure out if MW 5 or 6 adds anything …

Have you, out of curiosity, gone back to the previous firmware to verify that the output THD rises once again?

Before and after the upgrade I had 2.7% in and 0.1% out. I was running a firmware update I received from Dennis in the middle of the year.

No, I didn’t go back but I think I haven’t done an update in 2013 on the P5 as far as I can remember. I just recall that my “standard” output THD was 0,3 most of the time.

Paul indicates in another thread that there was a firmware update which improved the metering accuracy of the Power Plants. He suggests that if one upgraded from older software there could be a change in metering with the new update. This may be what you are experiencing.

I installed the FW yesterday and started using it. All fine, sonic comments later.

Yesterday night the P10 did something odd - all zones shut off in the middle of the night.

Has anyone noticed if their P5 or P10 is a bit more twitchy than it used to be? It might be a one-off event, but it hasn’t happened before so I thought I’d ask.

Aha this is why I have not done this yet! NA I just have not had time to do it. Here in NYC we are getting a heavy snow , so no work tomorrow . I’ll do it then. I will jot down the firmware and meter readings first and report back.

David said: Has anyone noticed if their P5 or P10 is a bit more twitchy than it used to be?

Nothing untoward for me.

The abrupt power shut down has really messed up my NAS....arrrgghhh

After the firmware update did you reboot the power regenerator. It is good to perform one reboot following new firmware installation process completes

Hmmm…not sure that I did…but good point and normally something I’d do.

I’ve arrived back home today after a short break before and was keen to implement the new P-5 and P-10 regenerator firmware after reading of its release. Smooth install and after listening the SQ has taken another significant leap across the audio spectrum. No negatives to report. Lows, Mids and High’s are audibly improved, I’m using setting six.

I’m using the NCORE SMPS600 with 2 NC400 to each SMPS600 and the PWD11

Regards

John