Non-Music YouTube Videos

The follow-on videos were to aid the people that didn’t understand the first video. If they confuse you but you feel you understood the first video then don’t worry about it. The follow-on videos can help some to understand better what’s going on by getting rid of the assumption that the wires are connected out there. But if thinking about the wires being connected helps to understand things then don’t worry about the follow-on videos.

Not sure. Thought it was one of the most clear explanations I’d seen in my life.

But the bit I’m missing, is if you make the signal from the DS DAC II’s chip to the output via this method, and at the orbit of Pluto someone cuts the wires, does it still make a sound by leaping through the space within the DAC? (I’m cool with that taking however long it wants, give or take X nanoseconds).

Apologies to Galen, but we all could save a bunch of money on wires.

1 Like

Neither of the videos was talking about low frequency signals. Using a battery and turning on a switch generates (in theory) an impulse. An impulse contains all frequencies and so will radiate pretty effectively. That radiation will cross between the two halves of the wire loop whether they are connected or not efficiently if they are long enough. Going to Pluto and back will take approx. 560 minutes. Taking the direct path is a lot faster.

The overall point is that 1) electrons in cables move very slowly. 2) tho conductors seem to carry electrical signals those signals 3) are really in a field around the conductors affected by many other things than just those conductors. and 4) sometimes not following the conductors is much quicker and more efficient. (E.g. Radio)

3 Likes

Apologies - that example was intended as comedy on one level. That fails to get across much of the time. My fault entirely.

Mostly attempting to parse subjective/functional reality from theory in this whole thang.

I’m a literal minded cuss. Emojis were designed for people like me :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi Elk,
I was in the middle of editing the original post, when you cut/pasted here. Would appreciate if you can simply leave the original post in the Belden Iconoclast forum, as it’s relevant to Galen’s cable design. Thanks!

Hi, John

Only the video reference was moved to here, where it is relevant and furthers the ongoing discussion and posting of the videos regarding the movement of energy. People are posting these videos all over. I am trying to keep them in one place.

2 Likes

Non-music, non-audio. Just interesting…

“They will turn into the seven-headed dragon…”

1 Like
2 Likes

Mikey makes some excellent points regarding “colored” sound or components. We strive for supreme neutrality in our electronics, but that doesn’t always equal natural sound, because the equipment used to record the music is colored to start with. So inorder to produce music that sounds natural, meaning how live vocals and instruments sound, it may be necessary to correct for recording colorations, by using components that are so called “colored”. I think that’s why some gear that doesn’t necessarily measure perfectly, can sometimes sound more natural, or musical, than gear that produces a ruler flat response.

Which might make sense if all recording equipment sounded the same, allowing reproducing equipment to “correct” for this singular coloration.

But recordings sound different depending on the room in which they were made, microphones chosen and their placement, mic pres, mixing equipment, mastering engineer choices, etc., etc.

One would need to buy as many different reproduction systems as there are recordings to “correct” for each recording’s failures.

As a practical matter, reproduction is far behind recording quality in any event. Many here listen to and revere recordings made in the 1950’s - and are still trying to reproduce them at their best. Few are listening to 65 year-old reproduction equipment with the same fervor.

1 Like