Observations between the Matrix SPDIF 2 and Douk (Nobsound) U2 Pro

Nooooooo. I sure as h*ll wouldn’t even try to check every CD I’ve ripped. I don’t even have a lot of the CDs anymore because when I rip a CD, I end up with four copies - one in my media PC, one in my Pi’s SSD, and one in each of my two Synology NASs.

I am just thinking of looking through a few lists online of CDs known to have pre-emphasis. The last time I looked, I don’t recall any of mine being on the list - most of them appeared to be releases released in Japan for the Japan market the last I checked, with maybe a couple of Billy Joel ones a possibility.

MOST CDs (at least released in the US) are NOT pre-e’d as far as I know, and I believe many had the flag in the TOC but were actually NOT pre-e’d, so it’s a mixed bag.

What I was not sure about was if devices like the Matrix which DOESN’T set the flag might be incorrectly NOT setting the flag when it should (versus setting the flag when it shouldn’t).

If I can’t find a definite pre-e’d CD in my collection, I’ll try to find a used CD that’s definitively known to be pre-e’d, just to see if the flag gets through the Matrix…one day. The weather is getting warmer now, so the list of honey-do stuff is growing.

I hear you there. I put in retaining walls and walkway/patio in Nov. Here in CT that is way too late to plant seed. So now I have to do top soil, grade/smooth out, and seed. Thinking of adding irrigation as I hate moving sprinklers around like that. We get a few dry months and the grass goes yellow and it would be nice to have green all summer. But then you have to mow…decisions decisions.

There’s a few “grass people” on our street. The type that will scour their grass for weeds to pull or kill. I’m the type that “if it’s green and in the yard, it’s grass.” If it’s not green, well, it’s not grass, but it’s OK too.

1 Like