Octave Questions

@jack_nessuno:
Regarding the Strictly Jazz Sounds thread you are free to post anything you care to that you feel fits the genre jazz. No one is preventing or blocking posts to that thread. As well you are free to start any thread you may choose as long as it is within the Forum’s posting guidleines.

I initiated the thread as a means to introduce those to my concept of jazz with a bias to living and breathing participants. My taste tends to forms that challenge the generally accepted notion of jazz. As well my intent was and continues to be to introduce forms and artists that a typical “Audiophile” may not be exposed to. My choice, my taste, my initiative.

Here is a link to the thread intro establishing the basis for creating it in the first place. Jelly Roll Morton, Fats Waller, Art Tatum and Erroll Garner have their place within the thread as does Jim Baker, Peter Brotzmann and Vijay Iyer. To my way of thinking keeping jazz alive implies constant change, evolution, and a strong element of experimentation. As such efforts are not always well understood nor successful. That is part of the enjoyment of exploring music, be it jazz or otherwise. I do look forward to you sharing you jazz preferences on Strictly Jazz Sounds.

Regarding Octave Music I’d welcome their releasing jazz that is a little more forward thinking. Hint, Hugh Ragin, Bill Frisell and Ron Miles are each in the Denver Colorado area. Of course it is not my dime. :blush:

2 Likes