Octave Records PS Audio

Congrats!

Holy snarkies!

aaaand ordered! Hopefully I was in time, it didn’t stop me…

It was Dog reference. I say that to my Dog all the time. except she can be a real Bxtch sometimes. :joy:

Can’t wait to receive my order next week.

i haven’t got a confirmation email after ordrdering the cd ?

1 Like

Check your spam folder; for some reason gmail decided to put my confirmation email there.

Our email system crashed and it’s not sending anything out to people. Sorry. We’re working on restoring it. I am quite sure you have your oder in. Sorry for the problems.

3 Likes

I ordered last night and received an order notification from PSA this morning.
Exciting!
Kinda wish it was a BHK250 order receipt though… :grin:

5 Likes

Wiseguy you :grinning:

Hi Paul…how will the album ship ? FedEx, USPS, or UPS?

Last we heard you only had 40 albums left…I imagine they are now sold out…

Congratulations Paul…may your entrepreneurship do well for you…

1 Like

Speaking of Octave, whatever became of the Octave Music Server? Has that project been dropped? Curious.

No, not at all. Getting closer by the day. Looking at September for beta launch.

2 Likes

Ordered my copy early Friday Morning. Did not get confirmation email. I read in the thread, Paul said 700 copies already out long before Friday morning. I was guessing, no conformation email might be either server problem, or the sales department is overwhelmed by suddenly surge of the order. Lucky I did a screenshot on my order :-). I wonder maybe kind of “pre order” will be available for future albums release. (BTW, I need a CD transport to match my DS dac, and future collection of Octave Recording, maybe the transport will happen soon…)

1 Like

I ordered on Thursday, and I don’t have any order confirmation ether.:crossed_fingers:

Wondering how many people actually have a computer with a disc drive. We’ve got Apple in this house and I’m not sure they’ve made a computer with a disc drive for 6 or 7 years. I also don’t see the issue with file sharing, you can set it up on a QNAP in minutes, it’s a very basic thing.

My new car will have no option for a CD drive anymore…those times are over except for a few 50-90 year old audiophiles :wink:

1 Like

Having driven approximately 20 new cars in the last couple of weeks I note roughly 1/3+ of new cars have CD players. A number have CD drives which will rip to an internal hard drive, as well as offering access to storage such as a USB drive or SSD.

Unsurprising. Apple does not approve of flexibility or anything outside of its walled garden.

Paul:

Best wishes on this new endeavor. (I did my small part and placed my order!)

FWIW, I like to physically own my recordings if at all possible. If you are going to offer downloads with future releases, I pray that will be but an option and the shiny discs, complete with cases, covers and notes will continue to be available as well.

One man’s preference…

Again, best of luck to you.

Sincerely,

Scott

5 Likes

I speak of one with first delivery in July…don’t know if this makes a difference and manufacturers just start now to drop CD drives generally, but I’m sure this will really be history for more than a minority very shortly, not only in cars. For the current Octave clientele this will be no Problem, they all have DMP‘s :wink: It’s just interesting to observe that some great artists not even publish in better quality than MP3 anymore while high end folks are first served with discs.

Didn’t know there are cars with CD rippers on board…strange…but USB and HDD sure, this is standard now.

Yep.

My '08 Infiniti G37S coupe allows me to rip CD’s to a built in hard drive and/or play from an SD card (in addition to jacking into an auxiliary feed with mobile devices). I am pretty sure Infiniti nixed the hard drive shortly after the '08 models.