Octave Records PS Audio

Yes, we’re working on downloads as these won’t have the same requirements for the order entry process. So far the reaction to the CD have been great. Here’s one I posted from Doug Hanna:

"I’m writing to tell you that I really cannot write how much I’m enjoying Octave Records Inaugural SACD from Don Grusin. I can’t seem to come up with enough good words.

Like a lot of audiophiles, I bought this project because of the promised technical and sonic merits, which it more than lives up to. I don’t have any other acoustic recordings that sound as REAL as this one, certainly not any recent ones.

What I DIDN’T expect was to be as taken as I was by the performance by Don Grusin. The playing is beautiful and emotional and somehow fits the mood we all seem to be in here in 2020. I love solo piano recordings, but it seems so many are intended to not really be listened to.

Not this.

It’s got my attention front and center…(right where the piano appears to be in my listening room!)

I’m so happy y’all are embarking on this quest with Octave. I buy a lot of vinyl to hear that natural sound that seems to be missing from many modern, re-re-re-re mastered recordings, but you up and achieved the same thing in a new recording. Something I know was recorded with care and fidelity as watchwords. That means a great deal to me. And you didn’t force me to stream it over the internet…I’ve got an actual disc to have and to hold! We physical media lovers are still out here!

Thank you. I really love it. Can’t wait to hear what’s next."

6 Likes