Has anyone purchased the latest Octave release?

I just received my copy of the Audiophile Masters Compilation CD the other day. Good variety of music to test the system. Great recording quality IMO. The guitar work on track 2 The Hitchhiker really shines on my system as does track 9 Tambores de Natureza! Overall I’m pleased with release. Anyone else have thoughts on the release?

Listened through most of it last night for the first time…

Not sure about it yet… I enjoyed the music but I need to listen some more before proclaiming its recording merits, or lack thereof.

As an aside, the CD/DVD physical copy is really nice to have and hold.

One general observation for @Paul & Co. I hope PS Audio decides to start taking whatever steps it needs to, to get the METADATA out onto the “Interwebs”. It is a bit inconvenient not being about to automatically tag the album and tracks via dBpoweramp Music Converter, which is the software I use to rip CDs to my hard drive and cross link to my library via JRiver Media Center and Roon.

Cheers.

Added mine to Roon today and the metadata is there.

Thanks. Maybe just a dBpoweramp issue,?

1 Like

Could be. I don’t have db power amp. I have noticed in the past on earlier octave releases the metadata wasn’t available right away.

1 Like

I do not know where dBpoweramp gets metadata. There are many metadata services/depositories (Discogs, MusicBrainz, freedb, etc.).

Many like MP3tag for retrieving metadata and tagging.

1 Like

I just posted this over on the “What are you spinning” thread:

“Listened to the whole recording (SACD/DSD64) via DMP and DS Sr. This evening - my second time through.

Really enjoyed it, especially the more “classical” tracks, the rendition of piano through out, “Saffron” and Clandestine Amigo (“Flying Blind”).“

Overall, an excellent recording.

1 Like

Got mine yesterday—love it! Played it at a bunch of volume levels (wife dependent) and it sounds awesome. Love the mix of musical styles/genres.

1 Like

Thanks! Yes, this compilation is now one of my favorites. There’s so much good stuff here and it really shows off the system.

1 Like

Mic>Octave studio>SACD>DMP>DSj
This is as direct as it gets in terms of DSD route.

Waiting for mine to arrive in the mail.

I ordered this within minutes of getting Scott’s email. I just received it today, in Canada. So it takes a little longer. I appreciate the data disk so that I don’t have to rip the SACD layer. Sounds good so far. I’ll work my way through it today.

1 Like

This is one phenomental recording with wonderful music. The best so far from Octave Records. It sounds better every time I play it, or is it Sunlight is breaking in. Anyway, I’m really enjoying this latest from Octave.

1 Like

I am in Canada too, should arrive any day now.

You might be right about that.

Some very good musicality captured on this release…

Cheers.

2 Likes

Thanks, guys. Yes, this is one heck of a recording. The team knocked it out of the park., Thanks for chiming in.

1 Like

It was a great marketing idea to release this. Quite frankly, between the short audio segments on your website and many of the comments people posted about some of your first couple of releases, I wasn’t real encouraged to buy those. After getting this release, it became apparent that what I hear on your website, and more importantly, the opinions some people posted, this was much, much better than I expected.

1 Like

That’s awesome Suds, thanks!

I really don’t understand why can’t I order more than one CDs at a time and I need to pay $15 for shipping per CD. I like to support the idea but the extra shipping really turns me off.

The ability was addressed by Paul at some point. If you can call in the order you may be able to combine items.

1 Like

You’re absolutely right. The system isn’t quite smart enough to allow multiple discs in the same order. However, if you call up, we can combine them under one order and only charge for shipping once.

2 Likes