Octave Records PS Audio

What was your order to delivery timeline?

I ordered my copy on 6/11 when Scott e-mailed me it was available. I received it yesterday afternoon on 6/18.
I fired up my DMP since I havenā€™t used it for awhile and it was amazing. The DMP sounded really good. Iā€™m glad they gave me a data copy also. I loaded it into my server and it sounded even better. Thatā€™s my preferred digital format since it is the best sounding. The music is really nice also.

1 Like

Hey, just curious, how long is it taking for people to get theirs? I ordered mine on the 11thā€¦still no word yet and I live in Seattle Wa.

I ordered on the 12th and no shipping notice either. I called to confirm they received the order, but thatā€™s all I know.

I started this thread right before I ordered it but have not received it yet, I am in Maryland though

I ordered on Jun 11 and received shipping notice a few days later. Have not received the package yet but havenā€™t checked Saturdayā€™s mail yet either.

I ordered on June 11 , and no shipping notification yet.

@jtsnead

Lol You started this thread and donā€™t have it yet?

@badbeef was taking pictures of it at the top of the thread. How did @badbeef and others seem to already have it the day after it came out?

Ordered mine on the 10th, now 11 days later no definitive word ā€¦no shipping notice
as of yet ā€¦

I would hope PSA is shipping fifo first in first outā€¦but apparently not

So ā€¦ canā€™t but wait

Plenty of music to listen to in the meantime. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I ordered on the 11th and still waiting. No biggie really, sometimes stuff takes awhile. Shipping and tracking info would be nice though.

3 Likes

Suppose it takes 10 min to process an order, so 6 orders for one hour, or 48 orders for 8 hr. Make it 50 orders a day (8hr work day). Suppose two guys work on the orders, (100 orders processed per day). There are 1000 copies, so, takes 10 work days to process all. Suppose order processing started on 11st, then by 24th, all 1000 copies will be shipped. Say, take 1 week to reach me, so, I expect to see my copy in my mailbox by July 1. :slight_smile:

Itā€™s not that bad but itā€™s pretty bad. We have multiple people working like crazy entering the orders. It really took us by surprise and we most certainly were not prepared for the onslaught of orders for the CD.When we launch the next recording we will have it better under control. Itā€™s a real learning experience for us. I think we shipped out 300 copies yesterday and the boys are getting a handle on it. But, wow.

7 Likes

I found a small package from PS Audio on arrival at work this morning - ā€œout of thin airā€ as it were ā€¦ :smiley:

2 Likes

Reading through this forum, several are waiting. So, my post was trying to put a prospective to this ā€œsurpriseā€ situation. Just wait, it will come. However, if this first release receives excellent review and we all love it (I believe so). You are in trouble! :slight_smile: (Open up the download, if server can handle it, and preorder for CD, might helpā€¦)

1 Like

Enjoy!

Yes, weā€™re working on downloads as these wonā€™t have the same requirements for the order entry process. So far the reaction to the CD have been great. Hereā€™s one I posted from Doug Hanna:

"Iā€™m writing to tell you that I really cannot write how much Iā€™m enjoying Octave Records Inaugural SACD from Don Grusin. I canā€™t seem to come up with enough good words.

Like a lot of audiophiles, I bought this project because of the promised technical and sonic merits, which it more than lives up to. I donā€™t have any other acoustic recordings that sound as REAL as this one, certainly not any recent ones.

What I DIDNā€™T expect was to be as taken as I was by the performance by Don Grusin. The playing is beautiful and emotional and somehow fits the mood we all seem to be in here in 2020. I love solo piano recordings, but it seems so many are intended to not really be listened to.

Not this.

Itā€™s got my attention front and centerā€¦(right where the piano appears to be in my listening room!)

Iā€™m so happy yā€™all are embarking on this quest with Octave. I buy a lot of vinyl to hear that natural sound that seems to be missing from many modern, re-re-re-re mastered recordings, but you up and achieved the same thing in a new recording. Something I know was recorded with care and fidelity as watchwords. That means a great deal to me. And you didnā€™t force me to stream it over the internetā€¦Iā€™ve got an actual disc to have and to hold! We physical media lovers are still out here!

Thank you. I really love it. Canā€™t wait to hear whatā€™s next."

6 Likes

That is a a very large amount of individual shipping prep along with the shippingā€¦
thank you for your effort and updateā€¦

Question though how are they being shipped FedExā€¦UPS or USPS?

Thanks Paul

Got mine in the mail

2 Likes

I was wondering if that would be the caseā€¦thank you aiki14