Power plant 3 turning off and on (output cutting out)

Yea its a weird one. I spoke to the team at ps audio and one of the service techs hasnt come across this problem before and suggested either the P3 is faulty or like you said detecting under voltage but usually if that were the case I would be getting some flicker of the lights in the room etc which isnt happening so not sure.
I will be sending the unit back to my local distro for them to look at.

Im not sure if you can tell on the P3. It doesnt have a screen on the unit like the bigger models

1 Like

On a Stellar P3 the light thatā€™s normally steady blue flashes rapidly between yellow and green for under voltage and once it starts flashing it stays flashing. Thereā€™s a different colour for over voltage.

This is what the manual says:

The Stellar Power Plant 3 has a maximum output power of 300 watts. The Output LED
on the front panel of the P3 will glow either green, yellow, or red, depending on the output
power of the unit.
When the LED is glowing solid green, the unit is pulling up to ~90% (270W) of the
maximum output power.
When the LED is glowing solid yellow, the unit is pulling between ~90-100%
(270W-300W) of the maximum output power.
If the LED is glowing solid red, the unit is detecting power over 300W. The unit will go into
fault mode when power exceeds 330W for a continuous period of 30 seconds.

MORE IMPORTANTLY SEE PAGE 12 OF THE SP3 MANUAL

update - actually itā€™s yellow and red for under voltage according to page 12 of the manual.

Is there a lot of problems with the Stellar P3? Mine Ā«diedĀ» this week. Red output light for a few seconds and then all lights starts blinking.

No. They have been a very reliable product set.

I tried using the P3 on my second system last night. I only plugged my preamp which is a nakamichi CA-7 and bluesound node2i. Within 5 minites the problem occured again. The sound becomes loud and distorted through the speakers. The output light starts to cut in and out with the sound of the relays clicking on and off.
Not sure if theres anything left to do on my end but to send it away for further inspection.

Hmm, i have the P3 running 24/7 with two M700 and one SGCD, one left for the TEAC-505NT, when i turn on/off the P3, it just flash red for less than a second and goes solid blue, seem like the whole system did not draw much current , and less than 270w , if not it goes yellow or red.
the P3 is so solid regenerator i must say, i have not any issue from 1st day unboxing, it run well out of the box, i dont event use the multiwave at all, just connect 4 component then use, Am i lucky ?

1 Like

FYI. As for power draw, I have similar system as yours, but with P12. SGCD+M700s+PST+DSDAC+2 sub (700W classD each), the power draw is below 160w.