Preference for DSD or PCM downloads of PCM masters?

Just wondering whether people prefer PCM or DSD downloads of PCM sourced material when using the DirectStream?

While I tend to prefer DSD over PCM from analog sourced material, HDtrack and NativeDSD, for example, offer DSD conversions of files from PCM/DXD sourced material. But since the DirectStream converts everything to DSD anyway, is the extra DSD conversion better, or do you prefer the original PCM and let the DirectStream do its thing?

I don’t mind either way. What would be nice is if information about how the material was mastered/engineered was included or stated somewhere.

A good example is Sound Liaison: http://www.soundliaison.com/dsd-sl

If the original recording is PCM, I would let the DS do the conversion rather than buying a PCM file converted to DSD.

Elk said If the original recording is PCM, I would let the DS do the conversion rather than buying a PCM file converted to DSD.
Particularly if the DSD conversion is more expensive than the PCM original. I also agree with dux servit's comment about knowing how the recording was produced. I generally buy DSD (which I like) only from sites that do provide such information.