PS Audio Gold vs Directstream MKII Massive Thoughts

I am a beta tester for the Gold, but i might go to the DS MKII as long as i get a good trade in from Scott :wink:

The Gold is very good, better than when i had the DMP with JR from memory.

I have read that the Gold Pre might be as good as the BHK, how about the Gold DAC vs the MKII?

Also i just got a PST for a source, i dont stream much but i do have over 2K cd’s and SACD’s

You really need to trial the MKII as it has its own unique sound. Not everyone will necessarily get along with it. I really like the Gold DAC as well.

3 Likes

Isn’t it expensive paying someone to swap out cd’s and sacd’s every time you want to listen to something new? Wish I had that kind of money :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice!

1 Like

Gold DAC is amazing but not compared to the MKII with Massive. Call the guys in sales before it’s too late and I’ll bet they’ll bend over backwards for you.

4 Likes

I beta-tested the Gold and compared it to a pre-Massive MK2 and even before Massive the MK2 was superior in all areas-musicality, soundstage, detail, etc.-when paired with the SG Pre. With Massive it is even more so. I strongly suggest trying it out.

Bob

1 Like

@jtsnead As you see, this is exactly why a trial is necessary. Opinions will vary on both DACs.

2 Likes