PSAudio Fan Gets Published

Been hanging around the forum for a few years, but thought I’d share that my first equipment review was published this week:

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/conrad_johnson_mf2550se.htm

dancing-009_gif

COOL!

Great review! REALLY well written IMO!77_gif

Congratulations!

We can all say we knew you when.

Elk said Congratulations!

We can all say we knew you when.

Look who’s talking, big shot. :wink:

Seriously, congrats on the recent promotion!

:)

Congratulations to you both!

Wow! 77_gif77_gif77_gif We have a celebrity amongst us. Congratulations. I just read it. Excellent work. You’re a very talented and expressive writer.

Paul McGowan said Wow! We have a celebrity amongst us. Congratulations. I just read it. Excellent work. You're a very talented and expressive writer.
Paul,

You are generous as ever. Coming from someone whose prose I look forward to reading every morning, that means more than I can say. Thank you for that and for making such fine gear!

Vance, just read the review. Congrats. A nice bit of writing!

Nicely written and a well balanced review. Congrats Vance! More to come?

stevem2 said Nicely written and a well balanced review. Congrats Vance! More to come?
Thanks! I hope so, but only my editor knows for sure.

Is there somewhere we can vote?

Elk said Is there somewhere we can vote?
Fan mail to the editor never hurts.

After reading I was ready to go out and audition one! Fortunately for Paul and the PWA my local dealer closed down last year so I wouldn’t know where to go to listen to it.

Sounds like a serious contender, even to the PWA. (Paul will make the PWA better, of course ;) )

I like the detail of how the local storage capacitors were located directly adjacent to the output devices; I can see how that would improve the supply rail stability. Or at least I think I do. But what I don’t know about electronics would fill volumes.

Sounds exciting. I can hardly wait to replace the Streets.

–SSW

This sounds like Steve McCormack’s DNA amplifiers. DNA is “Distributed Node Amplifier.” The design distributes the high-current power supply storage capacitance as a series of nodes, or storage points, located as close as physically practical to the output transistors.)

I recall the DNA-500 being a fantastic sounding amp. A friend had one driving a pair of Salk HT3s at the time, now Soundscape 8s.

Elk said This sounds like Steve McCormack's DNA amplifiers. DNA is "Distributed Node Amplifier." The design distributes the high-current power supply storage capacitance as a series of nodes, or storage points, located as close as physically practical to the output transistors.)
CJ absorbed the McCormack brand and designs a few years back.

Yes, quite a few years ago. SMC Audio is also no longer doing upgrades.

I wish that more audio reviewers could write like that. Or maybe I don’t… :slight_smile: Life might get even more expensive than it already is.

Congratulations Vance, very well done.

J.P.