PSAudio Fan Gets Published

Been hanging around the forum for a few years, but thought I’d share that my first equipment review was published this week:

http://www.theaudiobeat.com/equipment/conrad_johnson_mf2550se.htm

dancing-009_gif

COOL!

Great review! REALLY well written IMO!77_gif

Congratulations!

We can all say we knew you when.

Elk said Congratulations!

We can all say we knew you when.

Look who’s talking, big shot. :wink:

Seriously, congrats on the recent promotion!

:)

Congratulations to you both!

Wow! 77_gif77_gif77_gif We have a celebrity amongst us. Congratulations. I just read it. Excellent work. You’re a very talented and expressive writer.

Paul McGowan said Wow! 77_gif77_gif77_gif We have a celebrity amongst us. Congratulations. I just read it. Excellent work. You're a very talented and expressive writer.
Paul,

You are generous as ever. Coming from someone whose prose I look forward to reading every morning, that means more than I can say. Thank you for that and for making such fine gear!

Vance, just read the review. Congrats. A nice bit of writing!

Nicely written and a well balanced review. Congrats Vance! More to come?

stevem2 said Nicely written and a well balanced review. Congrats Vance! More to come?
Thanks! I hope so, but only my editor knows for sure. ;-)

Is there somewhere we can vote?

Elk said Is there somewhere we can vote?
65_gif Fan mail to the editor never hurts.4_gif

After reading I was ready to go out and audition one! Fortunately for Paul and the PWA my local dealer closed down last year so I wouldn’t know where to go to listen to it.

Sounds like a serious contender, even to the PWA. (Paul will make the PWA better, of course ;) )

I like the detail of how the local storage capacitors were located directly adjacent to the output devices; I can see how that would improve the supply rail stability. Or at least I think I do. But what I don’t know about electronics would fill volumes.

Sounds exciting. I can hardly wait to replace the Streets.

–SSW

This sounds like Steve McCormack’s DNA amplifiers. DNA is “Distributed Node Amplifier.” The design distributes the high-current power supply storage capacitance as a series of nodes, or storage points, located as close as physically practical to the output transistors.)

I recall the DNA-500 being a fantastic sounding amp. A friend had one driving a pair of Salk HT3s at the time, now Soundscape 8s.

Elk said This sounds like Steve McCormack's DNA amplifiers. DNA is "Distributed Node Amplifier." The design distributes the high-current power supply storage capacitance as a series of nodes, or storage points, located as close as physically practical to the output transistors.)
CJ absorbed the McCormack brand and designs a few years back.

Yes, quite a few years ago. SMC Audio is also no longer doing upgrades.

I wish that more audio reviewers could write like that. Or maybe I don’t… :slight_smile: Life might get even more expensive than it already is.

Congratulations Vance, very well done.

J.P.