Quote of the Day

The simple believes everything, but the prudent gives thought to his steps.

1 Like

So incline your ears and hear the words of the wise
apply your heart to my knowledge

For it will be a pleasant thing if you keep them
within you…

1 Like

I continue to prefer the language of the King James Bible, for its majestic, slightly archaic style.

2 Likes

“You can’t be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of football team, or some nuclear weapons, but in the very least you need a beer.”
― Frank Zappa

1 Like

“Book 'em Dano”

1 Like

"Status quo, you know, is Latin for ‘the mess we’re in’. "

• Ronald Reagan
2 Likes

“Never miss a good chance to shut up”
…Will Rogers

3 Likes

Why do it RIGHT when you can do it NOW.

From a family member who spent most of his life cobbling things together only to have to face them again later.

3 Likes

Be yourself; everyone else is already taken
O. Wilde

5 Likes

No trees were killed to send this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced. - Neil deGrasse Tyson

4 Likes

Ha! Good one. And the way my mind works, it just occurred to me that, contrary to the finite number of trees that will be killed for a given publication (as lamentable as that may be), we can all keep republishing the same words over and over, wrangling yet more electrons on more and more devices all over the world. Heck - think of all the unwilling electrons being beaten into submission at this very moment to do the will of YouTube! Boggles the mind.

And are the same electrons present in the “t” in THIS word now, as were in it a second ago? How many electrons are utilized for that “t” and all the copies of it? How many in a capital vs. lowercase - per nanosecond? How many more with more screen nits?

How many collective neurons are being harnessed at this moment to either laugh at that or try and think up a way to calculate that number? :cowboy_hat_face:

Free the Electrons! :fist:t2:

2 Likes

Amen brother,
Chas

“I don’t want to go to heaven; none of my friends are there”
Oscar, Oscar,Oscar Wilde

6 Likes

“I’d rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints…
…The sinners are much more fun…”

Billy Joel - ‘Only The Good Die Young’

2 Likes

“To me, old age is always 15 years older than I am.”

• -Bernard Baruch
4 Likes

“I’ve had all I can stanz an I can’t stanz no more”
Popeye

4 Likes

Which stanza was that…? :grinning:

1 Like

“Once a farmer had a horse…”