RMAF Photos

Love the look of the handles, give’s the whole system some texture. Beautiful setup here vs the AXPONO with it’s sand-dune piles of cables everywhere! :smiley:

Really nice UI work, with the clean white fonts.

Don’t mind the look of the handles at all; however, what is the total depth of the unit with the handles (it does matter)? Guess we’ll find out soon. Hope it’s not as deep as some of the Pass Labs amplifiers. They can be as deep as 28". The P10 is pretty shallow at 14". The handles might add another 5" of depth.

Are the handles actually functionally useful? Holding a heavy barbell by the far side of one end is awkward at best. Even if you get to use both hands. :slight_smile:

I can see they would be useful if there was one on each end, or one on either side.

Thought I saw two handles in the front and two in the back. Assuming the P20 is around 100lbs, grabbing the handle in the front and alternate handle in the back would work to set it in place.

Yes, if there are also handles on the back they would be invaluable.

There are handles front and back.

Rear-20-amp-1.jpg

It seems the overwhelming consensus is for the handles, and in any event the decision has been made not to give customers the option.

I don’t see the purpose of the handles, and I don’t like the aesthetic. Obviously I’m in the minority.

Paul, there is no need to put the BHK M300s in the P20 chassis because it makes much more sense for the BHK M600s or Pure Class A - BHK M300s to go in the bigger chassis. Your call.

brodricj said I don't see the purpose of the handles, and I don't like the aesthetic. Obviously I'm in the minority.
I also dislike the aesthetic; faux macho.

But I have some large tube amps with handles on the sides (much subtler, not a visual design feature) which do make it easier to move them around.

Thanks. Yes, if we did move the BHK to the new larger chassis it wouldn’t make sense just to include the same guts. It’d have to be a twice-big amplifier to make sense.

Elk. Faux macho? Actually, it’s macho as hell in person and impossible to lift without the use of the handles.

Maybe it’ll grow on you. Or maybe not…

Why not make the front chassis handles removable after installation… win-win

Three reasons: first, they have to be bolted through the front panel and removing them would require disassembling the unit, something I doubt people would want to do. Secondly, removing them would leave 4 big holes that would have to be covered in some faux way. Third, we like the aesthetic and the statement of power the handles imply.

Speaking of “impossible to lift”, how much do these monsters weigh?

Paul McGowan said

Three reasons: first, they have to be bolted through the front panel and removing them would require disassembling the unit, something I doubt people would want to do. Secondly, removing them would leave 4 big holes that would have to be covered in some faux way. Third, we like the aesthetic and the statement of power the handles imply.

Works for me...

I’m sure the handles help a great deal. It is their massive size and style I find too much, especially given their placement on the front. I prefer understated styling in all respects.

Will the P20 fit the Powerbase from a weight and size perspective?

If not, if I replace my P10 for a P20 my PB is rendered useless…

" Elk. Faux macho? Actually, it’s macho as hell in person and impossible to lift without the use of the handles.

Maybe it’ll grow on you. Or maybe not…."

NOT" - Do those aberrations have to be so physically imposing ? The scale of them ? They look ridiculous !! The handles on the rear aren’t nearly as menacing and designed to do the same job… It looks like a weird microwave that can be opened from either end… I was going to buy a P20, been waiting on it, - not now I’m not…

Dirk said

" Elk. Faux macho? Actually, it’s macho as hell in person and impossible to lift without the use of the handles.

Maybe it’ll grow on you. Or maybe not…."

NOT" - Do those aberrations have to be so physically imposing ? The scale of them ? They look ridiculous !! The handles on the rear aren’t nearly as menacing and designed to do the same job… It looks like a weird microwave that can be opened from either end… I was going to buy a P20, been waiting on it, - not now I’m not…

I agree. My Magico speakers weigh in at 127 kg each and they don’t have handles bolted on the front, side, back or anywhere else. My Halcro amps are 55 kg each, again, no handles required. For me, as I’ve said elsewhere, the handles spoil the aesthetic and uniformity of the PerfectWave/PureWave family. Sign me up for a special order without the handles.

Dirk said Do those aberrations have to be so physically imposing ? The scale of them ? They look ridiculous !! The handles on the rear aren't nearly as menacing and designed to do the same job.
This is exactly the problem.

It is a akin to a 150 HP car with huge fender bulges and an oversized wing in the back.

It looks like a weird microwave that can be opened from either end.
Frode said

Will the P20 fit the Powerbase from a weight and size perspective?

If not, if I replace my P10 for a P20 my PB is rendered useless…

Yes, absolutely. The footprint of the P20 fits perfectly on the PowerBase.