New P20 ..... more details please?

Paul mentioned in the P5 vs P10 thread that they were working on a ‘20’, which I presume would be a P20.

Would be keen to hear more details, how many sockets, (UK especially), dimensions, power handling and any other details etc.

Nothing the share just yet. In Skunk Works right now. Bigger, more power, more outlets is about all I can share right now. These things take time and change with it.

More outlets. :slight_smile: My speculation was the number of outlets would be the same due to physical constraints.

This will be an interesting beast.

Just to wildly speculate … a P10 is about twice the size of a P5, so a P20 must be twice the size of a 10. Hence lots of room for outlets. Now for a case/housing, hmmm? How about one of those small apartment/dorm refrigerators! The door could still be operational for easy service! You can thank me later …giggle_gif

P20 will be 25% taller than P10 and with handles.

pmotz said Just to wildly speculate ... a P10 is about twice the size of a P5, so a P20 must be twice the size of a 10. Hence lots of room for outlets. Now for a case/housing, hmmm? How about one of those small apartment/dorm refrigerators! The door could still be operational for easy service! You can thank me later ...giggle_gif
Ooh! You realize, of course, that becomes the case for the BHK 600 monoblocks, right? inlove_gif

Doh!blush_gif

pmotz said Now for a case/housing, hmmm? How about one of those small apartment/dorm refrigerators! The door could still be operational for easy service!
One of my friends came over after I got the BHK250/PowerBase combo. He looked at it sitting on the floor and said there should be room to keep beer inside. To which I replied "Yes, but only if you like your beer very warm."

Handles sound like a good idea. A small forklift might be even better. itwasntme_gif

My problem is that I don’t have room to store the forklift. I’ve seen appliance movers that avoid floor damage by lifting the heavy item on a cushion of air. Build a PowerBase with the lift pads built in. Just connect the air supply, flip a switch, and you’re good to go. Would work for BHK amps and P10 as well as P20. The air supply is small and can be stored in a closet when not needed.

Probably preferred by new customers, but not worth upgrading from a P10? I guess we have to wait and see…

Forklift indeed! Just imagine the shipping. Probably will have to go freight, and how does one get it up/down stairs? White glove delivery will be mandatory. I think SSW has got it right, the new chassis will be perfect for 600 watt monoblocks, just the thing for the new PS Audio statement speakers!

I expect wiring the two dedicated 20 amp circuits to the listening room to power the P20 will be a large bother as well.

Elk, excellent point!

pmotz said Elk, excellent point!
No compromise means no compromise respect-010_gif

Sounds like I might be able to use one ring P20 to rule power them all… I wonder if that new box will be capable of driving BHK250 and Martin-Logan Summits, what would greatly simplify the power cabling, connectors, extenders, etc.

I always appreciate a reference to Der Ring des Nibelungen.

It sounds like Tolkien’s Lord of the Rings to me. “One Ring to rule them all” is part of the inscription inside Sauron’s ring of power.

Both used almost the same wording :wink: Tolkien was clearly familiar with Icelandic, Norse and German sagas wink

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andvaranaut

Alekz said Tolkien was clearly familiar with Icelandic, Norse and German sagas
Just a bit.

And probably listened to Wagner. :slight_smile: