Spot the Hidden Music Artists' Names (max. one entry per day, please)

Fair enough, thanks for the clarification (though I do not think of Cypress Hill as “rock”).

I agree with you re: rock, that said, it does kinda look like a big cypress tree on a hill…

It’s funny, to me it looked at first like a volcano with a tree erupting out of it (a surreal combo, to be sure, but much of this particular puzzle contains surreal imagery). There was a rock band known as “volcano!” (lower-case “v” and an exclamation point on the end) that is from the same general era as many of the bands that have been identified in this thread, so I went with it.

I own and like Cypress Hill’s 1991 self-titled album. By contrast, I have never heard volcano! I am happy to yield to @SF’s clarification.

1 Like

You may well be right with your first thought. Look at ‘find the hidden song’ thread. Asked to name 60 song titles, currently at 170…

1 Like

I think Cypress Hill would be considered hip hop/rap. Rock and Roll is well…Rock and Roll. But,it does look like a Cypress tree on a hill though. How about Mountain?

1 Like

Could well be.! I do not know. I have never searched the Net for answers… They will be readily available. I have a good grasp and I just go with my knowledge! There ‘could / will’ be many alternatives to the “correct” answer.

2 Likes

I figure hip hop is under the rock umbrella as far as this picture is concerned because 50 Cent was another artist found.

1 Like

Yes, but is it possible that the half-dollar coin that is attributed to rapper 50 Cent in an above post was actually intended as a reference to the rock group known as “Half Dollar”?

3 Likes

Thanks! Had not heard of them.

1 Like

Considering the company in that image, seems unlikely a local band of this type would make the cut.

1 Like

Interesting trivia moment (well, maybe): I just learned that this quiz was created for the launch of Virgin Digital back in 2005.
https://rodrigobutori.com/virgindigital/

2 Likes

FWIW, if you are referring to the gentlemen in the black suits and ties, wearing shades, I must respectfully disagree. I am thinking “The Killers” rather than Jake and Elwood.

Of course we are all just speculating with some of these guesses without an answer key.

Cheers.

I agree, and my “Half Dollar” post was intended to be tongue-in-cheek.

OTOH, Half Dollar has two albums on Spotify, and the cover of the earlier one looks a bit like the coin in the puzzle . . .

2 Likes

Nice find. It appears “Rock” was NOT an exclusive genre limitation in that original quiz.

Screen Shot 2020-08-30 at 11.40.43 AM

1 Like

Interesting. I found the image that I used for this thread HERE, which includes the qualifier, “Find the +70 Rock & Roll Bands hidden in this picture…”

Sorry for any confusion!

I thought that was “Dollar”, a dreadful band featuring the equally dreadful David Van Day.

Has anyone spotted Iron Maiden? Or it could be a very large cork remover. Or one of The Nuns.
Screenshot 2020-08-30 at 19.48.39

1 Like

No need to be sorry, @bootzilla… It’s cool that you found & posted it. It’s a fun one.

2 Likes

All good brother! Definitely not taking this serious at all. It is a lot of fun regardless of any attached “rules”. Thanks for posting these!! :+1: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks, guys! I changed the thread heading and intro post from “rock bands” to “music artists.”

With that in mind, I think 50 Cent and Cypress Hill are the more likely answers for the images we were debating just above.

Getting back on “track”… Just noticed “White Stripes” on the crosswalk!

1 Like