Stellar DAC and S300 OMG

Thanks, appreciate the info and insight on Schiit. I’ve been thinking about the Vidar amp as a possibility, if/when I change my home theater amp arrangement. The Stellar S300 is also a consideration in that regard, as is the SGD. With limited discretionary funds, I’m constantly looking at cost/benefit trade offs and options.

Dan

I love the Schiit Bifrost Multibit. It’s musical with some real slam.

Thank goodness it wasn’t just me that found the Saga lacking. I love their products but when I put in a Saga, it just didn’t play well. It felt like it flattened everything. I sold it and the new owner loves it, so different strokes I suppose.

Very old thread but o kust jave recently played with XLR cables between stellar and s300, and i have found also the 1800f bright. Also tried the canare l4e6s and it sounded thicker, but with some loss of imaging/soundstaging.
Then installed the mogami 2549 and it’s the best so far. Punchy, good textures, clear.
For what it’s worth…

chrisr,

I’ve tried lots of XLR cables in my system since this thread began several years back, although none of them have been ultra-expensive ones. I used Cardas Parsec XLRs for quite awhile and have now moved up to the Cardas Clear Reflection, which I like a lot. These XLRs combine richness and smoothness with a good balance of high frequency detail in my system. There may be even better sounding cables at higher price points, but I’m happy with what I have - at least for now.

1 Like

Since Paul has talked about some degree of synergy between AQ cables and the Stellar line, as soon as I got my M700s I bought AQ Mackenzie XLRs to connect them to the SGCD. I haven’t had a chance (or a compelling reason) to compare them to anything else - I just like the way the system sounds.

3 Likes

I’m with you on that, Craig. They work for me. I do prefer them, by a large margin, to the Toslink and RCA coax options.