Stellar Strata and Subwoofer Pairing

You missed, probably, the most important part when pairing with a Strata. Being… The Strata doesn’t know what a subwoofer is. So, ideally, you need a sub that supports a high level input so you can tap the speaker terminals.

I have a sub on my Strata using the low level inputs because that was easy. It’s certainly not ideal. Luckily the sub I had already will sum L/R, has a good volume pot, and x-over controls.

But, if I was buying something, I’d certainly look to connect it via the high level inputs and make sure it has a good cross-over / filter configuration. You may even want phase control. There are different high level input configurations and I don’t know exactly what is needed for Strata. Rel sells both but you must buy the right one.

As Brett66 points out, you can add a sub to any system with speaker level outs using one of these. They make an RCA single ended version as well. Using the Neitrik in and out connectors makes for good connections.

no offense, i didnt miss anything. my replie was to help

@johnb33, My apologies as I was trying to respond to OP and may have got the wrong “reply” button. Your response was on-point and I didn’t mean to imply you had missed anything.

1 Like

@ipeverywhere Hey, no worries. I think you named the 5th consideration. I used to have a sub 15 years ago with a neutrik speakon connection.

I have driven the subwoofer consideration for now as I don’t know if I want to spend money on that right now or have one on my space (I.e. I don’t know if I want to live with a subwoofer).

Many thanks